Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ESB Bills not ours?

• 22-03-2011 1:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

Can anyone help here, in November 2010 we got an ESB overdue bill for nearly €600 - upon enquiring - it was for a premises we lived in 2007 but we moved out during the period in question.
    As proof we have our first bill in our new home starting on the date of this overdue bill (we of course notified ESB of our moving of premises) - we have written many letters and made numerous phone calls about this error however we get nowhere. We have written to 3 different people in ESB (all different addresses/sections) and have written to the CER with absolutely no joy.

We closed our account with ESB over this debacle - we got a phone call from their Closed Accounts Section and explained the situation again and was told (again) it would be looked into however we have just received a threatening letter from ESB.

We are at our wits end here - what advice does any other OP have for us? Please help - we are terrified of being blacklisted wrongly. We will simply not pay for someone else's use of Electrcity.

ESB state it is our bill but how can it be when we were paying our bill at the new premises at the exact period they state we were living in the old premises (and we have our bills as proof) ????:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi VictoriaC,

I can understand your frustration. I realize that you have been in touch about this several times already, but if you would like me to look into it further for you, please PM me your account details.
    VictoriaC wrote:
    ESB state it is our bill but how can it be when we were paying our bill at the new premises at the exact period they state we were living in the old premises (and we have our bills as proof) ????mad.gif

Just on a general note (and I would imagine you have been informed of this already), accounts can remain open if we do not receive sufficient notification/information to close them. See here for further details.

Thanks,

David.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭VictoriaC

Thank you - I have sent a PM.

Advertisement