Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NCAD or Griffith Photo Students!

Options
  • 22-03-2011 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hello there,

I am looking to start either the Certificate Photography course in the National College of Art & Design or the Diploma in photography course in Griffith College this year. I am seeking advice from persons who are undertaking these courses or who completed them to ascertain if they are recommended courses and if they met your expectations.

From the course I am seeking to improve my photography knowledge, improve my camera skills and ultimately start a small business in the future. If you could let me know your experiences etc i would be most grateful!

Yours

Brian

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Emmpty

Ncad doesn't really do a straight photography course. You can do a degree in fine art media, which includes film, photography and all sorts of technical stuff but you have to do a core year first.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭intolerant

Youre right Emmpty, they are doing a photographic and digital media type course instead. Just got the prospectus and its not for me! Thanks for replying!

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭angeleyes

Have a look at the course at LCFE in Limerick. The website is www.lcfe.ie and look under photography department. If you need any more info pm me - I have done the course there and am almost finished second year.

Advertisement