Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2011 anime season

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭gearoidof

Moshidora was an interesting watch.
    LIght on the baseball, heavy on the drama!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Started AnoHanna the other day - think it might be my favourite of the season. Beautiful story so far, lives up to the reviews I'd heard.

Still enjoying A Channel and Tiger&Bunny.

I haven't a CLUE what's going on in Oretachi ni Tsubasa. Seriously, the last few episodes have made it more and more nonsensical - I feel like it might be one of those animes where everything will suddenly make sense in the last episode or 2. Until then... >_<

Konata wrote: »
    I haven't a CLUE what's going on in Oretachi ni Tsubasa. Seriously, the last few episodes have made it more and more nonsensical - I feel like it might be one of those animes where everything will suddenly make sense in the last episode or 2. Until then... >_<

I was right :P Everything kinda came together in the last 2 episodes, with emphasis on the word kinda...
    so, we understand now why the split personalities were created and everything ends up back to normal but what I didn't like was the way everyone who had encountered one of Haneda's personalities just "accepted" his story. "Oh so the person we all knew doesn't really exist and was only created to protect you, and now he's just gone? Grand so."... yea, I didn't think that was great.
    Average series.

A Channel and AnoHana also wrapped up today. A Channel was grand - light hearted, amusing series but no Lucky Star/K-On etc. AnoHana though... woah. Clannad style tears were shed. Absolutely fantastic series - recommended to everyone. Last episode is devastatingly sad, I defy anyone not to cry :P

The only other series I'm watching is Tiger&Bunny which has gotten even more awesome in the last few weeks - continuous plotline ftw.

So has anyone else finished any of Spring's series? Any recommendations/opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

One of my favourite seasons in a while.

Ano Hana was great, it's probably tied with Denpa Onna as my favourite. Really liked the characters and the story came together really nicely in the end. There was no crying on my end though :P Close but no cigar !

I'm really loving Denpa Onna so far, 2 episodes left which are due next week cause of a delay for some reason. Random and funny at times and I'm expecting/hoping for some big things in the finale. Also, it's SHAFT so it's awesome.

Steins;Gate is still going strong, about halfway through now. It's pretty crazy and allover the place but things are heating up now, would definitely recommend people to check it out.

The World God Only Knows, more of the same of the first season, funny stuff. Waiting on the last episode and am sure it'll deliver.

A Channel was grand, not about much really but it was enjoyable enough.

Just finished C - The Money of Soul and Possibility of Control there last night, it was pretty decent. Fairly unique concept with some interesting twists, worth checking out.

I'm watching a couple of other shows but am behind by a few episodes, might catch up over the next week or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,448 ✭✭✭Nollog

Finished denpa onna, the op was the best part of the show.
    Catchy song.

Deadman wonderland was great, can't wait for the blu-ray and season 2.

World God only knows was as good as season 1, and season 3 was confirmed at the end, so that should be great for next year some time.

ano hana, was excellent. What an ending. Best Anime Ending In Over 5 Years.

• Advertisement

Agreed about AnoHana - it was absolutely fantastic. I didn't watch it at the start of the season but heard a lot of great stuff about it and caught up mid way - SO glad I did!

Tied favourite with Madoka for this year (so far anyway!).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,448 ✭✭✭Nollog

Konata wrote: »
    Agreed about AnoHana - it was absolutely fantastic. I didn't watch it at the start of the season but heard a lot of great stuff about it and caught up mid way - SO glad I did!

Tied favourite with Madoka for this year (so far anyway!).

Yeah, I wasn't expecting anything from it at all.
    So, nice surprise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 meritgo

Advertisement