Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATM left me €20 short

Options
  • 22-03-2011 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Hope I am posting in the correct forum. Last Saturday I selected €90 from an AIB ATM but it only gave me out €70 cash. At the time I thought I may have been mistaken but after checking my account online I was charged the €90.

Does anyone know who I should be contacting about this (or if there is anything I can do?) I was using a Bank of Ireland laser. I know the time of the transaction.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

Contact the local bank branch straight away - ATMs are balanced daily so they should know an error has occured

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭SEORG

homer911 wrote: »
    Contact the local bank branch straight away - ATMs are balanced daily so they should know an error has occured

Thanks for the reply.

The ATM I used was in a shopping centre. I will just contact the nearest branch I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

SEORG wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply.

The ATM I used was in a shopping centre. I will just contact the nearest branch I suppose.

Similar situation happened to me, I tried to withdraw 120e which never came out, put the card back in and withdrew another 120e, when I checked my online banking it said 240e.

I'm with AIB and they sorted the problem very efficiently, went to my local branch & wrote in detail what happened & within two weeks got refunded,

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

OP, you need to contact your OWN branch, they will submit the query centrally and then the ATM will be checked centrally. Don't go to the bank that controls the ATM because they won't be able to do anything for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Toots* wrote: »
    OP, you need to contact your OWN branch, they will submit the query centrally and then the ATM will be checked centrally. Don't go to the bank that controls the ATM because they won't be able to do anything for you.

+1

will probably take a couple of days to sort out. The ATMS give a report daily of errors like this that happened. The bank will be happy to get it sorted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement