Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking for Camogie Skirts/Skorts

• 22-03-2011 2:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hey there,
    My camogie team are looking for a new set of skirts/skorts but the only ones we can seem to find online are the new clingy type. There are a couple of girls on the team who wouldn't be small (including myself) and we are looking for the older type which is a bit looser on the legs! Can anyone recommend a supplier?? Thanks!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 atireugram

Had the same problem myself (only O'Neills Koolite lycra skorts available customised) but I'm only looking for only one which is even more difficult. I found a few suppliers, even ones with no minimum order.

www.allseasonssport.ie no minimum order (based in Crecora, Limerick and are sponsors of Limerick camogie)
    www.azzurri.ie will only do a minimum order of 20 (based in Kilcohan, Waterford City but ship their product)
    www.intosportireland.com no minimum order (based in Castlecomer, Co. Kilkenny but ship their product) I would probably recommend these lads as they seem to know their stuff. Have not ordered mine yet but think I will go with these guys.

All companies do the older type camogie skort and will embroider the camogie crest on the skort which is an inter-county requirement. I would say it's worth trying them all and getting a quote from each.

If you want to buy black ones I have seen them on www.thegaastore.com but their prices are in GBP. They are made by PFS (the same people make football gloves) and come in kids and S, M, L. I think they are a pretty small fit because I have one of these in medium and I'm a size8.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Mimojo

Hi there

Just stumbled across this post and wondered if you every found those Camogie Skorts?! I am looking for just one, and ordered one from ONeills, but this awful lycra one came in the post today, its awful! Any chance of getting one of the old style ones anymore?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 atireugram

Hi,

Yes I got mine from www.thegaastore.com. It is made by PFS. They are a Northern Ireland based company and they were really helpful. The size Adult Small is about a uk 10. The sizes of the new ones are a bit larger than the old black PFS skort that I have because I have a medium that I got a long time ago and recently I got size small and it's still slightly too big.

They are not made from the koolite lycra fabric that O'Neills are now using. If you want to see them go on to the website www.thegaastore.com and type in skort into the search bar. They do blue, green, maroon, black, navy, red and white.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 bionicboob

Mimojo wrote: »
    Hi there

Just stumbled across this post and wondered if you every found those Camogie Skorts?! I am looking for just one, and ordered one from ONeills, but this awful lycra one came in the post today, its awful! Any chance of getting one of the old style ones anymore?!

I found an old one in the O'Neills factory (on the long mile road in dub) because I hate those new clingy ones! I'm actually only seeing the previous post there with the websites so I'm going to check that out now! Hope you find one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Mimojo

Thanks for the posts guys! Went to the ONeills on the Long Mile Road on Sat, it is an excellent shop, literally has EVERYTHING! They only had a handful of the loose ones and all colours of the new ones. Great selection of all things GAA and great prices too. Didnt have my size in the loose one which was a pity.

Have just ordered one from intosport today, they seem really good. Only thing was had to send a postal order as dont take credit card, but as long as its one of the older ones I will be happy! Seem very good to deal with, and reasonable price too. Will let ye know how I get on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 sligoCam

Hi, I hope somebody out there can help!! we have recently set up a camogie club and wondering if anybody has an old set of camogie skorts that they would be willing to donate to get us off the ground. we just cant afford to buy them and we aren't allowed to play official games without them so could destroy all our work if we cannot get a set. The kids vary in age form 6 up to 14 but we will happily adjust them to the sizes we need if anybody is good enough to donate. Thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 3 intosport

A little late but thank you for the good comments guys.. PS we provide all colours and take credit card payment :-)

Advertisement