Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playing Radio [Newstalk] on Android

Options
  • 22-03-2011 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I have a specific link [http://newstalk.fmstreams.com:8080] I use in VLC for Windows to listen to Newstalk. A little investigation reveals that it's a shoutcast transmission. I've installed a few shoutcast players on my SGS but they wno't play this url.

Can anyone recommend a radio that will play Newstalk [and other radio stations] on my SGS over the internet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,916 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Nevermind_

theres two ways, you can install the newstalk android app available on the market or install an app called tunein radio also on the market.
    Tunein is great has stations all over the world as well as smaller local stations. Its an excellent app

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Excellent, cheers guys. Now i can use my stereo bluetooth rather than be wired :)

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭ellinguistico

Nevermind_ wrote: »
    theres two ways, you can install the newstalk android app available on the market or install an app called tunein radio also on the market.
    Tunein is great has stations all over the world as well as smaller local stations. Its an excellent app

I find Tunein radio always cuts out on me, am i doing something wrong or having it at unrealistic settings?. Dublin City Centre based.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

I find Tunein radio always cuts out on me, am i doing something wrong or having it at unrealistic settings?. Dublin City Centre based.

I'm really only interested in using it with WIFI. Been using it for a good few hours now. Perfect. No cut outs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Depends on your network operator. Are you using it over a 3G connection (not EDGE or GPRS)? It always works without a bother for me on Three.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Winamp app supports shoutcast and its free.... Loads of radio stations and it plays really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

I find tunein will only maintain the connection for an hour or so then you need to reconnect. Not sure why and it's not really a problem for me.

Advertisement