Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contract Question

Options
  • 22-03-2011 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Mom2Be

They signed a contract for a service. They are getting no service.

I would send a registered letter stating that you want the service cancelled asap due to it being non existant and you will not pay cancellation charges as you have not been receiving the service that you signed up for.

Be very careful before you just cancel though as they have debt collectors sending me letters and ringing my home for an amount under €300 for switching back to Eircom mid contract. Although i contacted VF via email weeks ago, i have yet to receive a reply. They want money but they cant even reply to an email. Fabulous customer service!!!!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,199 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I had Vodafone home broadband, had to be one of my worst experiences with any provider. Phone only worked half the time and the interent was rubbish. There support is absolutley rubbish.
    Just port back to eircom or some other provider like upc, digiweb and tell them where to put the bill if they won't let your grandparents out of contract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

If the number has been transferred to Vodafone, then porting it to an alternate provider like UPC, or even back to eircom, could be difficult as Vodafone may block the transfer. Whatever happens, you're going to need Vodafone to accept that the contract is null and void, or it's likely that nothing will happen.

Make sure to cancel the direct debit by writing to the bank too, otherwise Vodafone could start to bill for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

The shouldn't have to pay, but if you can get Vodafone to confirm that then get it in writing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement