Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Battlezone

• 22-03-2011 3:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭

Greetings all, my first post in this forum.

In the 1980's I was able to score a genuine 400,000 in Battlezone. So a few years back I bought the Microsoft Arcade which includes BZ.

However it's carp. I have only fwd-rev-left-right keys. I can't spin the tank (one side forward, other side reverse) that you need to engage the Supertanks.

Is there a proper BZ emulation out there?

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,039 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Mame would probably be more accurate.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

If you've a Ps2 , the atari anthology had a decent emulated version of the arcade machine that supports 2 sticks.
    Failing that MAME plus the battlezone roms are probably your best bet.
    Its technically illegal though to run them though , so Google is probably your friend here.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Seeing as you "own" the game already as part of a compilation I think morally you are quite entitled to head down the MAME route and get the game, then at least you can set the controls up to suit yourself.
    In fact, a usb adaptor and a Dualshock 2 could be the way to go there.

Advertisement