If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stands for Monitor Audio RX1's

Options
  • 22-03-2011 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi Guys,

I got the Denon PMA710 and Monitor Audio RX1s off you earlier this month for my SL1200. They work really well together, I'm very happy with them. I think the speakers would benefit from some speaker stands though.

Budget being a concern again I think I'd like to go for a pair of the Soundstyle Z2 stands. They seem to be a decent budget option? I know Monitor Audio offer stands in the Gold Range but probably too costly for me. Just wondering though how much of a difference do you think the M/A stands would really make?

I'm also looking for a decent phono to phono interconnect about 5m in length.

Thanks for the help

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

DrJakoby wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I got the Denon PMA710 and Monitor Audio RX1s off you earlier this month for my SL1200. They work really well together, I'm very happy with them. I think the speakers would benefit from some speaker stands though.

Budget being a concern again I think I'd like to go for a pair of the Soundstyle Z2 stands. They seem to be a decent budget option? I know Monitor Audio offer stands in the Gold Range but probably too costly for me. Just wondering though how much of a difference do you think the M/A stands would really make?

I'm also looking for a decent phono to phono interconnect about 5m in length.

Thanks for the help

Dr J,

I would not spend the extra for the MA Gold stands the Z2's will really work well with the RX1's and they would be our stand of choice and at £59.95 they are a great deal - we have them available from stock ready to ship!

On the 5 Mtr phono to Phono - I guess that this is a stereo lead??

With that length, you should go for as good a lead as you can afford I would recommend the QED Performance (I only have it in mono at the moment but I could do 2 at £99.95 for the pair.

Great to hear that you are enjoying the system and as ever drop me a line if I can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 22 DrJakoby

Hi John,

That sounds good. I'll go for the Z2s so.

Yea it's a stereo phono to phono 5m lead I'm after. I'm not sure if I fully understand ... do you mean two mono leads for £99.95 instead of the stereo lead?? How much does the stereo lead go for and when do you think you could get one in?

Cheers
    Eoin

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

DrJakoby wrote: »
    Hi John,

That sounds good. I'll go for the Z2s so.

Yea it's a stereo phono to phono 5m lead I'm after. I'm not sure if I fully understand ... do you mean two mono leads for £99.95 instead of the stereo lead?? How much does the stereo lead go for and when do you think you could get one in?

Cheers
    Eoin

Ah Eoin - your lucky day - I still dont have any High quality 5Mtr stereo phono leads available from stock but I just tripped across this:

http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/s/swv3506_10/swv3506_10_pss_eng.pdf

This is an excellent quality 5Mtr 3 Phono to 3 Phono - used to retail at £29.99 - I have just forun 10 boxes of them lurking in the warehouse & I'll clear them at less than 1/2 price - £12.95 - I'll get the guys to give you a shout in the morning to sort out the Z2's for you as well.

Thanks again for the bix - Much appreciated!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 22 DrJakoby

Hi John,

Thanks for the help. I just got sorted for the speaker stands with Dave now.

I had a rethink on the 5m cable though as I've decided to rearrange my setup. I'm thinking of dumping the coffee table and investing in a component rack. So I'll prob be back in touch when I build up the funds again.

Cheers

E

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.