Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is social welfare paid a week in advance or for the previous week

• 22-03-2011 3:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,647 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

Simple question really. If I collect my money on a Tuesday am I collecting it for the week previous or the upcoming week?

I fortunately (and finally!) got a job and am starting in on the 4th of April but am wondering if next week will be my last payment or will I receive a final payment on the 5th of April?

I'm just asking as the job is a salary job and I will need to save my social welfare money heavily for the next couple of weeks (if I am not paid until the end of next month) and am just trying to figure out if I have todays money plus 2 or plus 3 just so I can keep the bills under control in the meantime.

Thanks to anyone who can help :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 155 ✭✭eddiehen

Hi all,

Simple question really. If I collect my money on a Tuesday am I collecting it for the week previous or the upcoming week?

I fortunately (and finally!) got a job and am starting in on the 4th of April but am wondering if next week will be my last payment or will I receive a final payment on the 5th of April?

I'm just asking as the job is a salary job and I will need to save my social welfare money heavily for the next couple of weeks (if I am not paid until the end of next month) and am just trying to figure out if I have todays money plus 2 or plus 3 just so I can keep the bills under control in the meantime.

Thanks to anyone who can help :)

Jobseekers payments are paid a week in arrears, so the payment on the 5th of April would be for the week up to and including those days. If you notify your SW office, they should be able to send out a cheque payment for the 4 days to Saturday the 2nd anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,647 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

eddiehen wrote: »
    Jobseekers payments are paid a week in arrears, so the payment on the 5th of April would be for the week up to and including those days. If you notify your SW office, they should be able to send out a cheque payment for the 4 days to Saturday the 2nd anyway.

Perfect. Thanks so much for the reply! Really appreciate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 rentboy

Hi everyone,

Just a quick question regarding a one off weekly welfare payment in advance. I have just got more bills to pay this week and typically it clashes with rent. Anyway, as I am freaking out a wee bit I am wondering if anybody knows if I can go down to my post office tomorrow, Friday the 25th March, to collect NEXT WEEKS payment? I ask as I am already in arrears with bills and bank letters are getting on top of me. I need to pop down to the post office first thing basically. I am going to ring them later but just thought I'd ask here.

Many Thanks,
    RB

Advertisement