Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holiday Advice!

Options
  • 22-03-2011 3:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Going on an activity holiday in the west (of ireland) during the Summer,including a few adventure activities. Do I need to take out insurance or can I go without? What happens if I have an accident then?! Just an added expense I could do without!

Any information you can give would be greatly appreciated,thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,437 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

What constitutes an 'activity' holiday is down to different interpretations of the word, most insurance companies would let you away with canoeing, hill walking and minor stuff like that as being normal outdoor activity, they might have a different view when it comes rock climbing and more adventurous stuff that needs special equipment and carries additional risk.

Are you worried about life insurance (because you're self-employed) or medical expenses? If it's life insurance then you'd need to talk to the insurance company and establish that what you'll be doing will keep you within cover. If it's medical expenses, I wouldn't worry too much about it, the worse that will happen is that you'll break a bone or two and the local hospital will sort you out.

Advertisement