Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Headford Rd shopping centre gift card

Options
  • 22-03-2011 3:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭

anyone know if you're able to use this online? the card on their website shows a mastercard symbol, anyone try it before? just want to get something cheap online and don't fancy all the 3v charges paying for it.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

yes
    they cost €2 to buy though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

cheers, though was just reading about 3v...do they not charge so much per transaction anymore, or is it just for the amount you buy?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭moonlight06

Eyre square shopping center has one too that defiantely works online

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

whiteman19 wrote: »
    cheers, though was just reading about 3v...do they not charge so much per transaction anymore, or is it just for the amount you buy?

It costs me 2.50 euro to put money on my 3v card, although one day in Happy Days they didnt charge me any extra. I think she was new though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭NauP

The Galway SC card does not work online, only at the credit card terminals.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

NauP wrote: »
    The Galway SC card does not work online, only at the credit card terminals.

Yes it does Ive used it with ryanair numerous times.

Apparently it doesnt actually :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

20 euro 3v cards have no extra charge on them, anything over that does.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 fatleomessi

plonk wrote: »

Have you tried it with ryanair of late?

I think you'll find they've put a stop to that trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

The new O2 card might work better. I'm not sure if you have to pay extra to put money on it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭inisboffin

If it's for Ryanair, the feckers have switched back to Mastercard to avoid extra fees.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

inisboffin wrote: »
    If it's for Ryanair, the feckers have switched back to Mastercard to avoid extra fees.
    As a special offer to Mastercard Prepaid Debit (MP) card holders, Ryanair, will not apply an administration handling fee to those customers paying by this method of payment. http://www.ryanair.com/ie/questions/how-can-i-pay-for-my-flights
    which is what that shopping centre card is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭inisboffin

snubbleste wrote: »
    which is what that shopping centre card is.

I was referring to the post about O2 card which Is visa I believe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

just looked up 3v and it seems like the best deal. won't be using it that much so would like to keep the fees down. ordered it, card should be here in the next two weeks.

O2 Money is a Visa card, and a look at the fees, it's worse than 3v for foreign currency. max of 1.75% of the transaction amount is included in the exchange rate for non-Euro transactions, while O2 charge 2.75% of the cost in euro when it's converted

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

How about neteller? they seem to have a good card.

Or opening an Ulterbank a/c - they have a visa debit card

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭NauP

plonk wrote: »

As of March 18th, the operators (Perfect Card) have disabled this function. You can however purchase a card that will work online directly from Perfect Card.

Advertisement