Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Msi U135dx Upgrade Ram

Options
  • 22-03-2011 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭

Hi all

If anyone could please give me some advice i got a Msi Netbook U135dx from the girlfriend for christmas,i want to upgrade the ram from 1gb to 2gb.

Unfortunately i am hopeless do not know where to start, i think it has ddr111 installed other than that i am lost i tried to search elara.ie but the closest match in the menus is u135 no dx, I Chatted to online tech support and he said this memory would do
    http://www.elara.ie/products/detailsfull.asp?productcode=MME3425487&productID=S2927076

Any advice would be great
    Thanks
    Ger

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Just by looking at the picture, I'd be doubtful about it fitting inside a netbook!

The memory advisor here gives the following info;

Manufacturer Specifications - MSI (Micro Star) Wind U135DX
    Chipset: Intel NM10
    Drive Form Factor: 2.5"
    Drive Interface: SATA
    Maximum Memory: 2048MB
    Slots: 1 (1 bank of 1)
    Standard Memory: 1024MB non-removable
    USB Support: 2.x Compliant

Number of Slots:
    Slot 1

Each memory slot can hold DDR3 PC3-10600, DDR3 PC3-8500 with a maximum of 1GB per slot.*
    *Not to exceed manufacturer supported memory.

So the Elara one wouldn't have worked and would have damaged your motherboard when you tried to fit it...

Advertisement