Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

magnet broadband

• 22-03-2011 4:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭

im on the end of my tender with them.my wireless modem rarely works ive rang countless times and they jus reset it im told theres no fault in my line and my broadband im paying for is i the 24meg there is no hope in hell im receiving anything near that the past few days as its onlyy reading 7m on my speed when i check im right inside limerick city and should have better coverage think ill pull away when my contract ends next month to a better company.does anyone have any ideas besides smart and eircom??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Never do a speed check over the wireless connection, use the wired connection and see what it does. Wifi is inherently unreliable, and in no way an indication of what your broadband speed is. Do you have connection problems from a wired connection? That's the first thing to check.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

im on the end of my tender with them.my wireless modem rarely works ive rang countless times and they jus reset it im told theres no fault in my line and my broadband im paying for is i the 24meg there is no hope in hell im receiving anything near that the past few days as its onlyy reading 7m on my speed when i check im right inside limerick city and should have better coverage think ill pull away when my contract ends next month to a better company.does anyone have any ideas besides smart and eircom??

as long as your going for dsl your stuck with crappy service...eircom is strangling dsl broadband in ireland with their lack of investment on the backbone.

the only options is wifi (wimax or digiweb) or cable upc

Advertisement