Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CHILDREN AND PRIVATE HEALTH INSURNACE

Options
  • 22-03-2011 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭

Is it worthwhile putting children on your health insurance given there are no private hospitals for them? children are aged 3 and 1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭NuMarvel

There aren't any private children's hospitals and there are few if any private beds in the public children's hospitals. However, general public or private hospitals can take children as private patients for the more routine operations.

For example, a young relative of mine needed an operation to do with gromits and she had a choice of being admitted as a private patient to either a public or private hospital. And in my previous job, I often came across cases of children being admitted to private hospitals for tonsillectomies or the like.

(And yes, this is a copy and paste of some of my post from this thread ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

Depends on the insurance plan and the health of the children

Some plans are better for outpatient/consultant/doctors fees and one of these might be worth considering as opposed to hospital cover

Advertisement