Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

L E D bulbs

Options
  • 22-03-2011 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I need to start replacing the spotlight bulbs in my gallery. I wanted to know about the and how effective they are compared to halogen GU 10 which I’ve been using to date. I have three questions: 1. Will they be as bright? 2. Will they have a longer life span? 3. And where can I get the best value? All helpful comments and experience would be very welcome. Thanks.:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭jeepers101

I have replaced a number of GU 10s with a number of different LEDs and have found that the light output is never as good. Some people claim they are but I don't think so. They are, however, far less expensive to run and will last a lot longer. Here is a previous thread on the subject. There are some recommendations on where to buy them...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056085175

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭dolittle

i find the light levels very low indeed
    have switched a few clients back after them requesting lights to be changed for led

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

The cheap ones have a different colour temperature. You can get ones that have a similar temp to halogens but last time I looked they were very pricey. You could try replacing 50% of your bulbs to see how you get on. B and Q have cheap ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Irish Fire

I replace GU10 with minimum 5Watt LED the nearest I can find to the standard GU10, have had no customer complaints yet........ yet

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

This has been covered a million times on this forum.

Search and type in in LED GU10s and it will give you a heap of threads to read.

Ive also posted several pictures and posts of Philips 4 watt dimmable LED bulbs that I use too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement