Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MUX 2 launch date ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 radman

mux 2 running on 3 rock at the moment with a number off test cards and tone on the audio

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

There is no mux 2 reception in the Limerick area.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rurs

radman wrote: »
    mux 2 running on 3 rock at the moment with a number off test cards and tone on the audio

Just to clarify, is Three Rock Mux 2 on ch.33/570 MHz?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,544 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Saorview posted the following list of transmitter work on the Saorview latest news page about a week and a half ago, not sure if it's related to Mux2
    Planned Service Interruptions – RTENL

The transmitter network operator 2RN has advised that due to essential engineering work, the following transmitter outages will occur over the period 20th September to 2nd October 2013. This work may result in temporary impairment or interruption to services on the SAORVIEW platform.

Woodcock Hill, Co Clare
    Woodcock Hill transmissions will be on reduced power, 9.30am for 4 hours approximately on 20th Sept.

Mullaghanish, Co Cork
    Transmissions from Mullaghanish will experience 2 x 60 second outages, 12pm to 12.30pm on 23rd September.

Spur Hill, Co Cork
    Transmissions from Spur Hill will experience 2 x 60 second outages, 12pm to 12.30pm on 24th September.

Moville, North West
    Transmissions from Moville will experience power reductions and possible brief outages for 8 hours from 10:00 am on 24th September.

Moville, North West
    Transmissions from Moville will experience short switching breaks of approximately 20 seconds from 10:00 am on 25th September.

Malin, North West
    Transmissions from Malin will experience power reductions and possible brief outages for 8 hours from 10:00 am on 25th September.

Knockmoyle, Co Kerry
    Transmissions from Knockmoyle will experience 2 x 60 second outages, 9.30am to 12.45pm on 25th Sept.

Dungarvan, Co Waterford
    Transmissions from Dungarvan will experience 2 x 30 second outages, at 10am on 26th September.

Castletownbere, Co. Cork
    Transmissions from Castletownbere will experience 2 x 60 second outages, 10am to 3pm on 27th September.

Suir Valley, Co Kilkenny
    Transmissions from Suir Valley will experience 2 x 30 second outages, at 10am on 1st October.

Mt Leinster, Co Carlow
    Transmissions from Mt Leinster will experience 2 x 30 second outages at 10am on 1st October.

Kippure, Co Wicklow
    Transmissions from Kippure will experience 2 x 30 second outages at 10am on 2nd October.

This essential work is necessary to ensure continued provision of SAORVIEW services in your area. 2RN apologise for any inconvenience caused by this necessary work.

For information regarding upcoming work on the transmission network please see RTÉ Aertel page 169, the 2RN website at www.2rn.ie or follow 2RN on @2rnNMC.

http://www.saorview.ie/news/planned-service-interruptions-rtenl/

rurs wrote: »

Yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭More Music

The Cush wrote: »
    Saorview posted the following list of transmitter work on the Saorview latest news page about a week and a half ago, not sure if it's related to Mux2

The various 2 x 60 and 2 x 30 second outages are generator load tests.

The first break is going from ESB to generator, the second break is going back from generator to ESB.

These are performed to ensure the backup generators can take the required loads on site and switch back afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭glimmerman123

MUX 2 from Maghera fired up today but with only 3 test channels. Channels 11 HD Test and 16 and 17 SD Test.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

MUX 2 from Maghera fired up today but with only 3 test channels. Channels 11 HD Test and 16 and 17 SD Test.

There is 7 test channels including 3HD channels on ch. 55.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭StreetLight

Mux2 on at Kippure channel 58 this afternoon, the same three tests storing as described for Maghera above.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

Mux 2 from Crosshaven running this afternoon.
    All 7 channels.
    Seeing "2RN" makes me smile!

• Advertisement

Mullaghanish is on also but after a retune on 2 of my non Saorview Sonys it stored only "Test Service 1 / HD Test Transmission" at LCN 11 and "Test Service 6 / Test Transmission" & "Test Service 7 / Test Transmission" on LCNs 16 & 17. It can see the other test channels during tuning but doesn't store them automatically or allow me to store them manually.

Also a Lidl Silvercrest non-Saorview it automatically found and stored all the test channels in the epg but quickly after selecting Test Service 2 via the epg all the extra test channels were removed leaving only the 3 I mentioned above.

Is this happening with anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Souriau

Clermont Carn is also onair
    Usual HD and SD test channels as above
    subtitles, Digital text and different audio channels also working

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Souriau

Mullaghanish is on also but after a retune on 2 of my non Saorview Sonys it stored only "Test Service 1 / HD Test Transmission" at LCN 11 and "Test Service 6 / Test Transmission" & "Test Service 7 / Test Transmission" on LCNs 16 & 17. It can see the other test channels during tuning but doesn't store them automatically or allow me to store them manually.

Also a Lidl Silvercrest non-Saorview it automatically found and stored all the test channels in the epg but quickly after selecting Test Service 2 via the epg all the extra test channels were removed leaving only the 3 I mentioned above.

Is this happening with anyone else?

No I am not getting what you are saying
    I am getting all channels on LG LF7700 Freesat - Freeview, Humax Fox T2 and Tesco Freeview HD

Souriau wrote: »
    No I am not getting what you are saying
    I am getting all channels on LG LF7700 Freesat - Freeview, Humax Fox T2 and Tesco Freeview HD

On the 3 TVs I mention above test channels are stored on LCN 11, 16 and 17 only, the other test channels on LCNs 12, 13, 14 and 15 are not stored so I cannot see or select them on any of the TVs and they are not available in the epgs. I'm wondering if this is a TV problem or anything to do with the signal transmitted from Mullaghanish?

Update on this - if I manually press the 1 2 buttons on the RC the test channel on LCN 12 is displayed, the same for 13, 14 & 15. The up and down buttons skip these channels and they don't appear in the epg. Very odd?

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭tlaavtech

All seven coming from Mt. Leinster Mux 2 (Ch. 26) and from Gallows Hill Waterford City Mux 2 (Ch. 25)

On the 3 TVs I mention above test channels are stored on LCN 11, 16 and 17 only, the other test channels on LCNs 12, 13, 14 and 15 are not stored so I cannot see or select them on any of the TVs and they are not available in the epgs. I'm wondering if this is a TV problem or anything to do with the signal transmitted from Mullaghanish?

Update on this - if I manually press the 1 2 buttons on the RC the test channel on LCN 12 is displayed, the same for 13, 14 & 15. The up and down buttons skip these channels and they don't appear in the epg. Very odd?

The same is happening to me on a Samsung 6300 off Kippure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭stereomatic

Mount Leinster

Since earlier this month Mux1(Ch23) 8 TV and 9 Radio Channels

Earlier today I got Mux 2 (Ch26) test channels 11, 16 and 17 tried it recently and now Mux2 is gone

I don't know if other people are affected but just south of New Ross this is the case

Kippure also off again this evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

Mount Leinster

Since earlier this month Mux1(Ch23) 8 TV and 9 Radio Channels

Earlier today I got Mux 2 (Ch26) test channels 11, 16 and 17 tried it recently and now Mux2 is gone

I don't know if other people are affected but just south of New Ross this is the case

Mux 2 is off from Mt Leinster.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,469 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

rurs wrote: »

I tried to manually tune the terrestrial channels last night & Monday Night on my Triax box and it still came up with the Mux 1 channels with nothing on Mux 2.

I don't know what is the problem is but I tried rescanning all of the channels on it & Mux 2 still won't show up on it.

• Advertisement

I don't know what is the problem is but I tried rescanning all of the channels on it & Mux 2 still won't show up on it.

The Mux2 tests were switched off yesterday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,469 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

The Mux2 tests were switched off yesterday evening.

What time does Mux 2 starts & goes off every evening?

What time does Mux 2 starts & goes off every evening?

It doesn't work that way. Mux2 is only switched on occasionally for testing and there is no timetable. Yesterday was unusual in that most if not all transmitters were testing at the same time.

Regular posters here keep an eye out for it and post the information here when it's testing.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭formerly scottish paddy

With all this testing RTE 1HD / Mux 2 must be starting soon? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭galtee boy

With all this testing RTE 1HD / Mux 2 must be starting soon? :)

I think only our fellow poster, More Music, has that info to hand, but whether he can part with it now, only he can answer. I'm sure he will inform us, as soon as he can.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭tlaavtech

I heard January. You would think they would do it in time for the Christmas movies, so I hope I was mis-informed.

tlaavtech wrote: »
    I heard January. You would think they would do it in time for the Christmas movies, so I hope I was mis-informed.

The latest info appears to indicate before Christmas - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=86703530

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

The latest info appears to indicate before Christmas - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=86703530
    Reliable source or just personal thoughts?

irishfeen wrote: »
    Reliable source or just personal thoughts?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=86708922

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭stereomatic

If RTE 1HD and RTE 2HD are going to be on mux 1 and on mux 2 there is 1 HD test channel and 2 SD test channels does that mean that either TG4 or TV3 is going to be an HD channel or is it likely that RTE 1HD will be on mux 2 while RTE 2 remains on mux 1

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement