Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MUX 2 launch date ?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

Mt Leinster off again.... earlier 3 HD Channels @ 1440x1080(One with Irish Title (ch2), 2 with English ch 1 & 4) 4 SD @ 528x576 (2 with Irish Titles Ch 3 and 5, 2 with English Titles Ch 6 & 7) .

HD Cards from Mt Leinster
    275180.jpg

275181.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭glimmerman123

Maghera is now switched off. I also saw TGH 4 on HD test channel 14 earlier today. I suppose we can expect to see a lot of testing over the next week or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭galtee boy

Maghera is now switched off. I also saw TGH 4 on HD test channel 14 earlier today. I suppose we can expect to see a lot of testing over the next week or so.

Do we take it from these "sightings" that TG4 HD is almost definite, along with RTE1 HD ?

galtee boy wrote: »
    Do we take it from these "sightings" that TG4 HD is almost definite, along with RTE1 HD ?
    By the looks of it. I would hazard a guess that TG4 HD will appear with RTE ONE HD.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Its looking that way isn't it... Don't think TV3 HD has ever been tested for example.

• Advertisement

irishfeen wrote: »
    Its looking that way isn't it... Don't think TV3 HD has ever been tested for example.
    I think we will be waiting a long time before we see TV3 HD launch. They are flat broke so most likely can't afford the carriage fees even if they wanted to launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭nikon1000

I checked MUX2 from Castlebar again today at around 4.30pm and it was carrying the testcards on channels 11, 16 and 17. Hidden services were also detected. All services gone now but carrier is still on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

I think we will be waiting a long time before we see TV3 HD launch. They are flat broke so most likely can't afford the carriage fees even if they wanted to launch.
    ... but at least they have a new fancy Sony HD studio :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Anyone in Waterford seen these extra channels yet? Ever time I check - nothing.

mike65 wrote: »
    Anyone in Waterford seen these extra channels yet? Ever time I check - nothing.
    Sometimes the tests finish around 4 or 5 0 clock and mux 2 is switched off. Chances are if you check after 4 or 5pm the tests will have been switched off. Also tests 12,13,14 and 15 are hidden but you can access these by pressing the numbers on your remote control.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭galtee boy

Surely to God, they have more money than little old TG4 ? Good on TG4 for going HD, I will try and watch more of their programmes from now on ! TV3 are a joke, as Watty often said, they should have had their licence revoked years ago. They are only a relay station for ITV and a pretty poor one at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭sky23

do tg4 actually broadcast anything in HD or is it all unscaled?

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭lgs 4

Surely to God, they have more money than little old TG4 ? Good on TG4 for going HD, I will try and watch more of their programmes from now on ! TV3 are a joke, as Watty often said, they should have had their licence revoked years ago. They are only a relay station for ITV and a pretty poor one at that.

i agree TG 4 HD good on them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Machinehead

irishfeen wrote: »
    Was it being played out over the "HD Test Transmission" channel?

Sorry or the delay in getting back. Yep, it was being played out on hidden HD channel 114 -the one with Irish set as the default language. The DOG was the standard TG4 one, no sign of HD attached like RTÉ Two. Does TG4 carry the HD logo on UPC?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭mike2084

Sorry or the delay in getting back. Yep, it was being played out on hidden HD channel 114 -the one with Irish set as the default language. The DOG was the standard TG4 one, no sign of HD attached like RTÉ Two. Does TG4 carry the HD logo on UPC?

No it's the same logo as SD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

Hidden how ? Transport streams are not hidden in multiplexes. Data channels maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,544 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

STB wrote: »
    Hidden how ? Transport streams are not hidden in multiplexes.

4 of the test LCNs/channels do not appear in the epg and are skipped as you use the up or down button. I presume they are tagged not to be seen normally.

Starting at LCN 8 (RTÉ1+1) -> LCN 11 -> LCN 16 -> LCN 17 can be viewed normally.

LCNs 12, 13, 14 and 15 can only be viewed by pressing buttons 1 2, 1 3 etc. - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=86807955#post86807955

When tuning in a Walker PVR last week the hidden LCNs had (hidden) after the channel name during the tuning process - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=86839576&postcount=998 .

I reset a Sony TV to UK last week and all channels were visible, restored it to Ireland and the channel were hidden again - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=86841332&postcount=1002.

Maybe the new Mux 2 channels will launch on these hidden LCNs/channels and will be tested there prior to launch, away from the view of the general public as reported today with TG4 on LCN 14.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭pegasuspub

does anyone know if mux 2 will be testing more regularly during the coming days,it would make it easier to align some head ends before the launch date,i did email 2rn but to date have got no reply.

pegasuspub wrote: »
    i did email 2rn but to date have got no reply.

They've even removed the rescan notices from their Saorview page.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭Rick_

Annoying that programmes like Love/Hate which is made in HD has started it's new 4th series in SD but will switch near the end of the run to HD. The facility was always there to show it in HD or at least give it a HD repeat but as usual, it's a complete cock up. Still, at least we are finally getting RTÉ ONE HD and TG 4 HD. Now if only RTÉ would sort out how to properly transmit 4:3 content with pillarboxes instead of horizonttal stretching and TG 4 learn how to not crop an image to 14:9 before transmitting it, we'd be getting somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Paddy C wrote: »
    Annoying that programmes like Love/Hate which is made in HD has started it's new 4th series in SD but will switch near the end of the run to HD. The facility was always there to show it in HD or at least give it a HD repeat but as usual, it's a complete cock up. Still, at least we are finally getting RTÉ ONE HD and TG 4 HD. Now if only RTÉ would sort out how to properly transmit 4:3 content with pillarboxes instead of horizonttal stretching and TG 4 learn how to not crop an image to 14:9 before transmitting it, we'd be getting somewhere.

RTÉ TWO HD did air the show in HD over the summer but they could provide repeats on the channel. Unlikely that the last number of episodes will air in HD. I think October 21st isn't going to happen or if it was it was only to get ready for a rescan down the road.

We'd be lucky to get RTÉ ONE HD for Christmas. Sometimes being secretive about these things doesn't work. It is either a case of RTÉ not being sure what to do or a case that HD will happen but we don't know when.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭sky23

The Cush wrote: »
    They've even removed the rescan notices from their Saorview page.

its still there http://www.2rn.ie/

sky23 wrote: »
    its still there http://www.2rn.ie/

SAORVIEW-Rescan-2013 & SAORVIEW-Rescan-2013-Installers pdfs - just checked, links to the notices are not there.

Mux 2 on again with testcards from Mullaghanish.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭eirman

Clermont Carn is testing at the moment Ch 56

• Registered Users Posts: 8,469 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

SAORVIEW-Rescan-2013 & SAORVIEW-Rescan-2013-Installers pdfs - just checked, links to the notices are not there.

They still have them when you check Google. I hope they are not disappeared off it.

Mux 2 on again with testcards from Mullaghanish.
    Mux 2 from Maghera is off today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

Paddy C wrote: »
    Now if only RTÉ would sort out how to properly transmit 4:3 content with pillarboxes instead of horizonttal stretching

Yes. About time this was remedied.

They still have them when you check Google. I hope they are not disappeared off it.

The links are still good if you can find them but they are no longer available on the 2RN website, I posted them here last Mon - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=86903958&postcount=1018

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

The links are still good if you can find them but they are no longer available on the 2RN website, I posted them here last Mon - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=86903958&postcount=1018

I rang the Soarview helpline. They said that it hadn't been announced yet and that I should email info@saorview.ie for more information.

It took them at least 10mins to answer :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement