Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MUX 2 launch date ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭warlikedave

SRB wrote: »
    Still running today on Kippure, nice to see the old HD promo loop again, lol.

Can confirm that from south of arklow - mount leinster mux 2 is still offline however

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭deaglan169

on future service 2 from aghabog monaghan, i have a hd picture of Eyre Square Galway just some random recordings but in 1080, also on bottom left of screen is rte networks symbol RTE NL

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Pat Gleeson

Woodcock Hill Mux 2 down still.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭SPAWKER

Mux 2 Ch.57 still down from Claremont Cairn

• Registered Users Posts: 29 foxire

Getting Mux 2 from Cairn Hill Channel 44 and Mux 1 from Truskmore Channell 53.

When I go to get the signal strength and the picture quality the first line is:

Channel (1) 44 or 53.

What does the 1 in brackets mean. Up to now I thought it was Mux 1 but I see it is there whether it is Mux 1 or Mux 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Booms

No more mux2 from Three Rock since Friday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭glimmerman123

Mux 2 from Maghera off also. Was away for the week so i don't know how long it's been down.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭byrnefm

Mux 2 is also off from Holywell Hill. Welcome back BBC4 on Freeview! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭DigiDec

Mux 2 on channel 58 from Three Rock still showing 100% signal and quality for me, I have seen no outages or power reduction since launch date.

DigiDec wrote: »
    Mux 2 on channel 58 from Three Rock still showing 100% signal and quality for me, I have seen no outages or power reduction since launch date.

Are you sure you're not actually getting it from Kippure? I'm getting nothing here while still getting 90-91% on mux 1.

• Advertisement

There's no mux 2 signal from Three Rock at present.(Just checked).
    You must be picking up Kippure :D

Must be Kippure so, thought it was strange when people were saying Three Rock was down, I'm on the northside of Dublin and picking it up on both a wideband in the attic and a small indoor aerial on another tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭sesswhat

byrnefm wrote: »
    Mux 2 is also off from Holywell Hill. Welcome back BBC4 on Freeview! :)

Make that Letterkenny, the one they decided to twin with Limavady ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭warlikedave

Must be Kippure so, thought it was strange when people were saying Three Rock was down, I'm on the northside of Dublin and picking it up on both a wideband in the attic and a small indoor aerial on another tv.

Kippure is travelling a fair distance to me as well so it could be that - im 3 miles south of arklow and am picking it up with a 12-14 element ariel (12db gain) pointed at preslie with an amp of 15db also in play. Im in the mount leinster coverage area.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Machinehead

Mux 2 tests on ch 24 from Mullaghanish back on air again.

Oops just gone down (14:20).

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Galway

MUX 2 is off from Maghera (55), Castlebar (25) and Tonabrucky (23). I can only get it now from Cairn Hill (44). TG4 analogue from Cbar now back unimpaired as it co channel with Mux 2 DTT from Tonabrucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Machinehead

Yep, 3 day's later Maghera mux 2 is still down.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Galway

Mux 2 from Cairn Hill (ch. 44) now seems to be off. Castlebar ch 25 seems to be on but is a blank carrier with no channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭glimmerman123

Looks like mux 2 is off on most transmitters at the moment. I wonder will see it fired up again before RTE2 HD moves over in September?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,626 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

It is OK from 3 Rock at the moment.

• Advertisement

HI Sam, could get no signal from Three Rock at 14:30 yesterday, haven't had a peep out of it all week - you must be picking up Kippure.:)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,626 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

Could well be, the signal is a lot weaker than mux1. I thought that I could not get Kippure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭stanley1

what frequency is 2nd mux from 3 rock.

TIA

ch 58, mux 2 from Three Rock and Kippure

Ch 58 is 770 MHz.

Sam, signal strength is probably your best indication of where you're receiving from. Where I am, I don't see any signal at all from Kippure, although there are still some houses nearby with a vhf "channel 7" aerial for Kippure reception. I remember they used to announce "Teilifis Eireann ar bealach a seacht" on start up.

Signal strength is considerably lower on mux 2, but still a faultless picture. The coathanger aerials are on the edge of reception. No problems with mux1, apart from earlier this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭stanley1

ok, comes up as future service 1-7 on my vu+duo.

Sam, I hope you're using a digital coathanger?
    I found the wooden ones wooden work.

Booms wrote: »
    Sam, I hope you're using a digital coathanger?
    I found the wooden ones wooden work.

Boom-boom!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,530 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Mux 2 back up at Mullaghanish with an extra Future Service channel 8.

Future Service 7 & 8 are carrying no video but an MHEG-5 caption for RTÉjr and RTÉ1 +1 .

The RTÉ1 +1 channel on Mux 1 is also displaying the MHEG-5 caption.

2ykf1b9.jpg

2ur15p4.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement