Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for loving home for lovely little jack russel

• 22-03-2011 5:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭

Hi..

Recently found this little doggy out in the middle of a busy cross roads, nearly got run over...took him off the road and continued but a minute later it was walking out in front of cars again..

Anyway, took him home, got him flea treated and wormed(precationary measure only) and have signs up all around the local area/shops and rang dspca and dog pound to let them know.

Its a lovely dog, tiny little fella, very affectionate ..follows me everywhere, house trained too, doesnt seem to shed either. Anyway, the local vets said that if the owner doesnt come forward I will have to send the dog to the pound and that as the dog is a little on the old side, it may be hard to rehome, so may end up being put down.

Its a reaaally lovely dog, lovely temperment ...

Anyone interest in giving it a loving home if the owner doesnt claim it by this weekend? I cant keep it much longer than that, living in rented accom. etc..

thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

cojomo2 wrote: »
    Hi..

Recently found this little doggy out in the middle of a busy cross roads, nearly got run over...took him off the road and continued but a minute later it was walking out in front of cars again..

Anyway, took him home, got him flea treated and wormed(precationary measure only) and have signs up all around the local area/shops and rang dspca and dog pound to let them know.

Its a lovely dog, tiny little fella, very affectionate ..follows me everywhere, house trained too, doesnt seem to shed either. Anyway, the local vets said that if the owner doesnt come forward I will have to send the dog to the pound and that as the dog is a little on the old side, it may be hard to rehome, so may end up being put down.

Its a reaaally lovely dog, lovely temperment ...

Anyone interest in giving it a loving home if the owner doesnt claim it by this weekend? I cant keep it much longer than that, living in rented accom. etc..

thanks.

Did the vet scan for a microchip? When did you notify the pound? If you have notified them, and they have taken all the details, then I think after 5 days, he can be rehomed, as long as they have a proper record of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Jelly2

Please don't send him to the pound! Thank you so much for looking after him already, but a rescue would now take him and would not put him to sleep. If you cannot do that, I would be quite willing to help you out by keeping him (we already have two small lady dogs, and one more is a case of the more the merrier...).:) What area of the country are you in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

Jelly2 wrote: »
    Please don't send him to the pound! Thank you so much for looking after him already, but a rescue would now take him and would not put him to sleep. If you cannot do that, I would be quite willing to help you out by keeping him (we already have two small lady dogs, and one more is a case of the more the merrier...).:) What area of the country are you in?

hi..

the dog has no chip,just a blank collar:(.

Im in the dublin 4 area , but slight problem there, its a male..so although I'm sure he love the company of your 2 littles ones, I'm guessing that would cause problems.

Hes so lovely though, not like some other jack russels that can be a bit snappy, he's really gentle and loving, he really deserves a caring home where he will receive plenty of attention..

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭joyce2009

put up some pics it might tug on the heartstrings of someone:D:Dhopefully....

http://img193.imageshack.us/i/imag0170w.jpg/

not a great pic, but the only one I have to hand:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Jelly2

He's gorgeous! Our girls are neutered so there would be no problem with a male. We're in north Wicklow, so if you do need someone to take him, we can easily reach you. Please don't hesitate to pm me if you need help; we'd be glad to give it...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭ashblag

cojomo2 wrote: »
    http://img193.imageshack.us/i/imag0170w.jpg/

not a great pic, but the only one I have to hand:)

Possibly the cutest guy i've ever seen apart from my own that is:)

Jelly2 wrote: »
    He's gorgeous! Our girls are neutered so there would be no problem with a male. We're in north Wicklow, so if you do need someone to take him, we can easily reach you. Please don't hesitate to pm me if you need help; we'd be glad to give it...:)

Pm sent :)

Advertisement