Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

facebook .wall,comments,hiding freinds

• 22-03-2011 5:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭ladylouise

i was facebook i look up mate facebook. few things i don,t understand

he hide friends from me or every body that i am not sure.

any comment that were made in last few days people on his wall .people can,t comment underneath or click like on the comments or notes nothing.

i don,t understand this application its sort of unsocial.it seems weird he usually so friendly now he had hide his friends no one can make comments on old comments

i am confused

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

ladylouise wrote: »
    i am confused

that makes two of us

I thought you had deleted your facebook

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭ladylouise

this is new one i made few days ago.i find easer then email my sister because she doesn,t using her email

ladylouise wrote: »
    this is new one i made few days ago.i find easer then email my sister because she doesn,t using her email

why dont you just stick to talking to your sister then since you have problems using it with your "mates"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Aishae

people have the option to let others comment on their friends posts - or not. and likewise people have the option of allowing their stuff to be responded TO - to an extent. maybe they just dont want random crap posted. or they just dont see the point in it,. who knows. why does it matter how social someone ELSE is. just focus on yourself.

• Advertisement

it just doesnt seem like him to do that.to hide all his freinds it mean his freinds freinds cant see them either then.outside or inside.cant comment on yestherday comments either underneath them.but he said he whats app i dont know what that is.does mean he doesnt wnat any one to making frends with his freinds :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

It is HIS Facebook page though, so he may not want other friends seeing things written on Facebook.
    It could be an app (application) available for people who do not wish to have their page filled with comments/ silly games etc.
    My brother has his page like that. He likes to share photos and comment on other people's pages but does not use his page for conversations.
    You can talk to him in real life if he is your friend.
    He uses Facebook the way HE wants to.

ElleEm wrote: »
    It is HIS Facebook page though, so he may not want other friends seeing things written on Facebook.
    It could be an app (application) available for people who do not wish to have their page filled with comments/ silly games etc.
    My brother has his page like that. He likes to share photos and comment on other people's pages but does not use his page for conversations.
    You can talk to him in real life if he is your friend.
    He uses Facebook the way HE wants to.
    its called whats app

i did ask would he suggest a few friends then 2 days later he hide his friends from me.only in the customize part. may be he did because if me because i asked for a few friends and he didn,t like it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

ladylouise, you obviously have a problem with how you perceive people treating you on Facebook. As I see it there are a couple of things you can do about this:

1) Talk to the people involved, and work it out one way or the other with them.
    2) Quit using Facebook.
    3) Find some other way to get over this and move on.

Either way, new threads on the same issue every couple of months or weeks, or indeed any number of new Facebook accounts is not going to do a thing except feed your insecurity on it.

So, frankly, no more.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement