Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Food processor from Lidl

Options
  • 22-03-2011 5:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭

I just saw this Silvercrest food processor advertised in Lidl for 79.99

http://www.lidl.ie/ie/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20110328.p.550W_Food_Processor

I sadly can't afford a Kenwood Chef at the moment, so was wondering does anyone know if Silvercrest stuff is any good and would you recommend this one?
    (Hope this is ok to post in this forum)
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I'm probably going to get it as well, need a processor badly at the moment but can't afford to be shelling out on a high end model. Hopefully this does the job

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭nc6000

Why not just buy a "Branded" one like the below? It's cheaper also.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4200442/Trail/searchtext%3EKENWOOD+FOOD+PROCESSOR.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Argos processor is very scarce on details also doesnt seem to have as many accessories as the lidl one?

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭ssl

hi
    have any of ye any experience with this food processor? id be interested in the mincing function, and my wife would be interested in it for making cakes.

any thoughts?

http://www.lidl.ie/ie/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20110328.p.550W_Food_Processor

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

I got a present of the slivercrest food processor and it work just fine.
    It was a bit tricky to get used to the different set ups for the attachements but it's preforums all the functions well.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Threads merged.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭ssl

cheers sharrow, did you try it for mincing raw meat?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

I haven't had call to use the mincer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭jw297

nc6000 wrote: »
    Why not just buy a "Branded" one like the below? It's cheaper also.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4200442/Trail/searchtext%3EKENWOOD+FOOD+PROCESSOR.htm

I do like the compactness and price of the Kenwood one, but the attachments such as a dough hook on the Lidl one would be really useful (at least that's something I would use a fair bit). Must investigate whether the compact branded ones have extra attachments available, in which case I don't need to rush to Lidl!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Bought the Lidl one today as my own crap Breville one packed in on Friday, will give it a go tomorrow, looks good, lots of bits and pieces, and 500w is pretty good. I don't want a Kenwood for a variety of reasons so hopefully this one will be good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭jw297

I must have been annoying himself going on about food processors- it turned up yesterday morning all wrapped up for my birthday :) So far have only tried the dough hook, but can vouch for that bit anyway. Delighted with it! I foresee lots more bread, cake, smoothies, and recipes that call for finely chopped ingredients in my future :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Used it today to make cakes, it's...good, the bowl is really deep which means it can take a large mix, good speed, pretty tough to adjust the speed/turn it off with messy hands which is annoying, and it doesn't get at all the mix in the bowl.

That's all I've used of it so far, I like it though, between it and my handheld/stand mixer that is still surviving I have all the good bits, just in two separate mixers!

Advertisement