Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Selling Photographic Gear on Donedeal, experiences?

• 22-03-2011 6:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭

I have used donedeal to sell bikes in the past. Just wondering what experiences people have selling photographic gear there, did you get many genuine replies? Gumtree would be another option.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭Damokc

what kinda gear you selling!:P

i saw somebody on boards asking about buying gear on ebay and the likes and he was told by a few people not to buy from from these type of places but instead use photography sites to buy especially 2nd hand because your more likely to get a well looked after camera if it was previously owned by a photographer.
    so i would say use something like that to sell your stuff. don't have a link to the boards thread...but there is one somewhere!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Another option is Adverts.ie, a sister site of Boards. A lot of the people that buy and sell gear on there are active on this forum.

Edit - Just noticed you have two Adverts.ie links in your signature :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭davmigil

Another option is Adverts.ie, a sister site of Boards. A lot of the people that buy and sell gear on there are active on this forum.

Edit - Just noticed you have two Adverts.ie links in your signature :o

I usually just sell stuff on Adverts and one or two other communities.
    Noticed a few cameras and such for sale on donedeal, and was thinking it might be worth a shot if it might get a sale, not if I just get a whole load of scam emails!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭Damokc

don't ad your email on DoneDeal then. most people don't.just leave your number and say "texts wont be replied to".
    IMO,only genuine people would go to the effort of ringing i think.

Advertisement