Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor & Emobile to launch BlackBerry

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭dmn

hmmm interesting, nice find lets hope there will be a good range too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Someone told me. I cant wait. I've heard rumours of them charging 10 euro per month for pre pay BIS which undercuts vodafone by 5 euro per month. I like some of meteors and emobiles plans too.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭dmn

im surprised they have gone this long without having blackberry to be honest. i know its never been as big as it has been in the uk and the states, but i think they are getting a lot more mainstream especially since vodafone launched it on pre paid a few months ago. although that new advert is catchy its kinda annoying "we are the blackberry boys"

I love that ad :D but I get it can be annoying :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Someone was a bit careless doing up the meteor website :p
    152679.png

• Advertisement

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭ingen

hi Cookie, found this on the meteor site

http://meteor.ie/terms_and_conditions/blackberry_payg/

blackberry BIS €9.99 on PAYG on meteor 1 gb data allowance

on bill pay BIS is €4.99 per month 2gb data allowance

more here, at last some price competition for blackberry services,

http://meteor.ie/terms_and_conditions/blackberry_billpay/

a lot cheaper than vodafone, for bill pay blackberry plans, and there is a better mix / match price wise for plans too.

also EDGE is available on meteor, i am sure this will stir the market up a bit,

some of the T & C's of the bill pay blackberry service BIS

The Service is only available to customers of the Meteor Smart and Smart Unlimited Bill Pay tariff plans (“Customer(s)”), who use a Blackberry® device or other device that supports the Service (“Device”).

so for price plans between €30 - €50 its a €4.99 add on per month for BIS

oh yea, its launching today!! 24th March.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

dmn wrote: »
    although that new advert is catchy its kinda annoying "we are the blackberry boys"

cant stand it...its a bit gay lol

ingen wrote: »
    hi Cookie, found this on the meteor site

http://meteor.ie/terms_and_conditions/blackberry_payg/

blackberry BIS €9.99 on PAYG on meteor 1 gb data allowance

on bill pay BIS is €4.99 per month 2gb data allowance

more here, at last some price competition for blackberry services,

http://meteor.ie/terms_and_conditions/blackberry_billpay/

a lot cheaper than vodafone, for bill pay blackberry plans, and there is a better mix / match price wise for plans too.

also EDGE is available on meteor, i am sure this will stir the market up a bit,

some of the T & C's of the bill pay blackberry service BIS

The Service is only available to customers of the Meteor Smart and Smart Unlimited Bill Pay tariff plans (“Customer(s)”), who use a Blackberry® device or other device that supports the Service (“Device”).

so for price plans between €30 - €50 its a €4.99 add on per month for BIS

oh yea, its launching today!! 24th March.

Cheers ingen. Will be interesting to see what they offer. I think Three will remain the best value but...you never know. Any way competition can only be good. might even be worth running a Blackberry on Meteor and your phone account on three.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

sorry if i come across as thick but what is BIS?

liking the sound of blackberry on meteor tho. i have an iphone 4 at the mo so i dunno if i would switch right away, would depend on costings/offers etc. but the mam has my old iphone 1 and since we got it unlocked and moved to meteor the phones been being a bit of a d1ck. twice in 2/3 weeks it has gone to connect to itunes crap and said you have put a new sim in and need to connect to complete the unlocking process. dunno if it is a hardware fault or wha, but if it is there is no way of a replacement - tis well out of warrenty and they don't manufacture them ne more. so instead of getting a 3gs or a 4 i might suggest she goes for a blackberry.

• Advertisement

BIS is Blackberry Internet Service. It's how a blackberry does email:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BlackBerry_Internet_Service

ah cool.

one other quick question. does anyone know where i can go to buy a blackberry sim free?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

hdowney wrote: »
    ah cool.

one other quick question. does anyone know where i can go to buy a blackberry sim free?

Adverts.ie?

ah cool.

Expansys.ie
    I usually buy mine outright from carphonewarehouse and get them unlocked immediatly from O2

i don't understand how can you buy one locked to o2 and get them to unlock it straight away without putting the required amount of credit or whatever in them (god i feel thick, and am usually more in the know than this but!!!)

i don't understand how can you buy one locked to o2 and get them to unlock it straight away without putting the required amount of credit or whatever in them (god i feel thick, and am usually more in the know than this but!!!)

Don't be silly no you.re not. What I did was when I was with O2 on bll pay I'd buy the O2 device in CPW and pay full price (essentially sim free) without upgrading then ring O2 for the unlock code. Most Blackberry's are made for networks (branded).

so would it make a difference that i am not with o2 or voda? since they are the only ones who seem to offer blackberry?

so would it make a difference that i am not with o2 or voda? since they are the only ones who seem to offer blackberry?

Not sure. It might be complicated if you're not with them but drop in to a cpw and see. Or as someone else said above look for a second hand on from adverts.ie.

just rang emobile, and was told that they are not selling blackberries and dont have any plans to :rolleyes:.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

ingen wrote: »
    just rang emobile, and was told that they are not selling blackberries and dont have any plans to :rolleyes:.
    You probably got put through to some uneducated retard on the phone

• Advertisement

You probably got put through to some uneducated retard on the phone

I'd agree. Look here:
    http://www.meteor.ie/blackberry/

the 9780 on smart 30 €35 per month handset cost is €230

on smart its €55 per month handset cost is €180

both monthly prices include the bis add on.

three is cheaper for handset cost. both 18mth contracts

i wonder :) on meteors website they do have some blackberries for sale (including curve, and torch) but only on billpay - and even though they mention you can get them on smart lite, when you click through to buy it doesn't offer smart lite. if you went to a meteor store do you think you could buy the phone on a smart lite plan, or even better a payg plan. i really don't want to be back on any sort of contract plan, even a 30 day rolling one

i wonder :) on meteors website they do have some blackberries for sale (including curve, and torch) but only on billpay - and even though they mention you can get them on smart lite, when you click through to buy it doesn't offer smart lite. if you went to a meteor store do you think you could buy the phone on a smart lite plan, or even better a payg plan. i really don't want to be back on any sort of contract plan, even a 30 day rolling one
    To be honest it you went into a meteor store today and mentioned Blackberry they'd look at you and say "ye what berry??"
    Sure a friend rang emobile today asking about Blackberry's and was told no we're not getting them and have no plans to!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

I assume I know the answer already but would it be possible for any customer to buy this BIS add-on and use it in different phone? eg. Samsung galaxy s.

Meteors data pricing really has to be looked at again. Blackberry users will now be getting 2Gb's of data for €5 while the rest of us will only be getting 250Mb. Totally unfair imo. Not everyone loves blackberry.

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    I assume I know the answer already but would it be possible for any customer to buy this BIS add-on and use it in different phone? eg. Samsung galaxy s.

Meteors data pricing really has to be looked at again. Blackberry users will now be getting 2Gb's of data for €5 while the rest of us will only be getting 250Mb. Totally unfair imo. Not everyone loves blackberry.

;) you know the answer. BIS only works with Blackberry devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Yeah but 2GB for 5E...Normal meteor customers (including me) will cause war over this.

Why should this plan be exclusive to BB if you dont want a BB.

Yeah but 2GB for 5E...Normal meteor customers (including me) will cause war over this.

I see your point. And do you know what's funnier? Blackberry's compress data and so use 2/3's less data then other devices.

cookie1977 wrote: »
    ;) you know the answer. BIS only works with Blackberry devices.
    Think I'll be switching to a Blackberry so

• Advertisement

I imagine it is an introductory offer, part of Meteor / eMobiles attempt to become as much of a business network as a student one

Advertisement