Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor & Emobile to launch BlackBerry

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Yeah but 2GB for 5E...Normal meteor customers (including me) will cause war over this.

Why should this plan be exclusive to BB if you dont want a BB.

I started a thread over on the meteor forums about this. Hopefully if they get enough posts from us telling them what we think about it they will give us a similar add-on.

Get posting people.
    http://forums.meteor.ie/index.php?showtopic=1789

Edit: Poll now added.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

cookie1977 wrote: »
    I see your point. And do you know what's funnier? Blackberry's compress data and so use 2/3's less data then other devices.

Just to add to the above while it compresses data by upto 2/3's compared to other devices, it doesn't compress data when tethering ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

i'm uuber tempted. even tho i only had my iphone since they came out in july i have ALWAYS wanted a blackberry. can't decide between the types tho firstly. the curve doesn't do 3g internets which would b a bit of a bummer for me. like y use d wifi on d phone at home all the time when i have my laptop? and a LOT of the local wifi hotspots require passwords etc. but i do like the look of it.

so then there is the (forgot the name!) looks similar to curve. don't know if it has 3g though.

but the torch. the torch has qwerty keyboard and touchscreen. sigh. i think i want the torch if i go for blackberry.

so it is down to meteor. how competitive are their 'competitive' prices for the payg blackberry phones gonna be when they become available next month???

• Registered Users Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

hdowney wrote: »
    i'm uuber tempted. even tho i only had my iphone since they came out in july i have ALWAYS wanted a blackberry. can't decide between the types tho firstly. the curve doesn't do 3g internets which would b a bit of a bummer for me. like y use d wifi on d phone at home all the time when i have my laptop? and a LOT of the local wifi hotspots require passwords etc. but i do like the look of it.

so then there is the (forgot the name!) looks similar to curve. don't know if it has 3g though.

but the torch. the torch has qwerty keyboard and touchscreen. sigh. i think i want the torch if i go for blackberry.

so it is down to meteor. how competitive are their 'competitive' prices for the payg blackberry phones gonna be when they become available next month???
    If you sell your iPhone you would still have money left over for a BB once it is in good condition.

Meteor have EDGE which is ok speed for the 8520

Only the curve 8520 isn't 3G. The rest are 3G including the curve 9300. PAYG was rumoured to be 10 euro a month but I don't know for how much data.

• Advertisement

anyone got any ideas how much (assuming i was going to) i would get for my 32g iphone4? see it is also my beloved ipod and app thingy (paid apps mind) and if i was to sell it, i would need to buy meself a touch of at least 32g - new versh, since the next lowest is 8g which is :eek:small:eek: and i don't think i can get the old versh 16g

i am REALLY talking myself into a blackberry here!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Just to add to the above while it compresses data by upto 2/3's compared to other devices, it doesn't compress data when tethering ;)

Tbh its not something special. Alot of modern mobile browsers have the option to compress decompress pages through servers. Apps dont use that much data anyway

Only the curve 8520 isn't 3G. The rest are 3G including the curve 9300. PAYG was rumoured to be 10 euro a month but I don't know for how much data.

the priceplan thingy on payg wouldn't be the problem (unless it was extortionate mind!) it was the cost of the blackberry from them in the first.

so as long as i don't get the 8520curve i'll be sorted for 3g connectivity? faboosh so

Tbh its not something special. Alot of modern mobile browsers have the option to compress decompress pages through servers. Apps dont use that much data anyway

I wouldn't agree. Ask any network that runs smart phones what data usage is like for BIS users and it would be significantly lower. Remember it's app, browser and email data all compressed. Email including attachments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

anyone got any ideas how much (assuming i was going to) i would get for my 32g iphone4? see it is also my beloved ipod and app thingy (paid apps mind) and if i was to sell it, i would need to buy meself a touch of at least 32g - new versh, since the next lowest is 8g which is :eek:small:eek: and i don't think i can get the old versh 16g

i am REALLY talking myself into a blackberry here!
    Envirofone are quoting €368.08 for an iPhone 4 32GB.
    Try adverts.ie, you may get more, especially if the phone is in good nick, works and is officially unlocked.

• Advertisement
Advertisement