Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

short term broadband line

• 22-03-2011 6:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

Any recommendations for hiring a high speed link for 24 hours? 10 megs minimum (and pushing it) around 20/30 would be more ideal.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

What's it for?

For such a short term rental I'll be looking at huge money. Providers wouldn't be able to subsidise the cost of install against line rental.

Dunno what sort of lead times your needing either??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

If latency isn't an issue you could get satellite. Likely 10K

Only UPC, Fibre, Satellite and some Microwave stuff (BT, Digiweb) does that. You are talking over 1K for any ISP to show interest.

There are guys that do 100Mbps to 10Gbps short term LOS microwave links too. Serious money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

Eircom also do satellite, but again you're definitly looking at over 1k, i would have thought 3-4k myself

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Depends where, P2P wireless links could be engineered at some cost...... but less than satellite.

Advertisement