Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackberry Curve 8520 on Vodafone prepay?

Options
  • 22-03-2011 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭

Hi,was thinking about replacing my incredibly old Nokia with the shiny new Blackberry Curve 8250 on prepay from VF for €140.

Just wondering if somebody knowledgeable thinks it's viable having a smart phone on pay as you go or will the smart feautures just end up eating all my credit!

Cheers for any and all info!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Hi,was thinking about replacing my incredibly old Nokia with the shiny new Blackberry Curve 8250 on prepay from VF for €140.

Just wondering if somebody knowledgeable thinks it's viable having a smart phone on pay as you go or will the smart feautures just end up eating all my credit!

Cheers for any and all info!

It's fine on payg as long as you're just using the apps on the phone and email via a specific apn but this apn can restrict access to some apps (Tunein radio app). Another option is to wait for meteor/emobile:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2056216259

I've heard rumours there payg plans will be cheaper then vodafone but no doubt you'll have the same problems I mention above.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 blogger636

no it wont eat ur credit. Internet facebook and email is free untill may2011 and after that it costs €15 a month (50c a day) but only takes out the 50c a day from ur credit if u got some. so its ok!!

Advertisement