Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Application for a new Tesco (express?) in Kilcock

Options
  • 22-03-2011 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭

To go hand in hand with the celbridge thread.
    Finally putting the rumours to rest. I saw a planning permission notice in the window of what used to be Byrnes Garage, beside Scoil Dara, dated the 18th of March. I can only presume it will be an express based on the size.

From Kildare CoCo website:
    9izt5s.png

Four tesco's between Kilcock, Maynooth and Celbridge :eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

The express stores are just glorified centra type stores and you'd be hard pressed to do a "shop" in one. Handy for the few bits needed in a hurry.

In the UK they are planning express stores in the same complex (Harlow) as those who just want a few bits won't even attempt to shop in their 'extra' stores.

At 413m (4400 sq ft in old language) in total area its definitely and Express format, considering a normal store has 30,000 sq ft of retail space excluding storeage areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,807 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I'd assume it'll be like Clane's or smaller; Kilcock is one of the few places that actually *needs* a Tesco or similar built though.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Max Moment

This is great news, finally a decent size supermarket for Kilcock. Although it is an express version it will save having to run to Maynooth all the time. :p

It might also encourage other businesses to take up the vacant shop units on Church Street hopefully.

I wonder will the Bubble Gum factory ever be developed?

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭STForSale

Great news if it happens, sick of driving to maynooth for anything out of the ordinary.....
    I'm sure every one of the multitude of corner shops will object though!

KCC facilitated the loss of ZED Candy by rezoning the land, the only industry the town had is now a derelict site :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭davetherave

Just to bring this back to life.
    I don't know if any of you have seen it, but there is an awful lot of furniture and "home and living" type stuff in there.
    Maybe it's not a "food" Tesco at all?? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Celbridge Life

The Tescos express shop in Celbridge is going to be a 2/3 min drive max from the 24hr Tescos large store in Celbridge. Do the express shops stock stuff the 'normal' tescos stores don't sell or are they purely 'convenience' stores, then again how much more convenient is it going to be with a huge 24hr tescos down the road?! Again, the decision making is baffling.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

They're convenience stores - a smaller range than a "regular" Tesco, with a focus on ready meals, main food lines etc

Advertisement