Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Car Spotted In The West

Options
  • 22-03-2011 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭

Was heading for castlebar today and saw the google street view car between ballyvary and swinford heading in the direction of swinford.
    I have seen photo's of these cars ( theres 2 of them in ireland, a red and a black car ) though they do look weird in the flesh. It was the red car i saw, not sure what make, was waving at the camera on the roof:D
    Keep an eye out for it around mayo;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

mayo.mick wrote: »
    Was heading for castlebar today and saw the google street view car between ballyvary and swinford heading in the direction of swinford.
    I have seen photo's of these cars ( theres 2 of them in ireland, a red and a black car ) though they do look weird in the flesh. It was the red car i saw, not sure what make, was waving at the camera on the roof:D
    Keep an eye out for it around mayo;)

they only just finished the last mapping a while ago, i wonder how often they do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

irishgeo wrote: »
    they only just finished the last mapping a while ago, i wonder how often they do it.

I thought that meself, i think it was the summer of 2009.
    They might be mapping places that they missed before?

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

I was driving along in front of it on the N5 for a while, I'll have to check every few months to see if I've been immortalised :)

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭PaulPinnacle

oscarBravo wrote: »
    I'll have to check every few months to see if I've been immortalised :)
    Careful, they'll start using it as a marketing ploy next ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

oscarBravo wrote: »
    I was driving along in front of it on the N5 for a while, I'll have to check every few months to see if I've been immortalised :)

Company van? Nice :D

They will alter the logo's though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭mayotom

I saw them on the old Swinford-Charlestown Rd on Wednesday 16th heading towards Charlestown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭smurfy89

Saw them in Ballina today! Heading out onto the foxford road :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭ahyeahok

My girlfriends sister seen it as she looked out her window in Boyle last week. Gonna be fun pointing her out if we can see her!

Advertisement