Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kanye West

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭GodlessInfidel

..and who cares if Kanye is not a great singer. Ian Brown couldn't sing but it didn't stop him fronting one of the greatest Rock n Roll bands of the last thirty years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

..and who cares if Kanye is not a great singer. Ian Brown couldn't sing but it didn't stop him fronting one of the greatest Rock n Roll bands of the last thirty years

At least Ian Brown didn't use autotune to try and cover up the fact that he can't sing.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭GodlessInfidel

At least Ian Brown didn't use autotune to try and cover up the fact that he can't sing.

No he just embarrassed himself infront of almost a hundred thousand people at the Reading festival in 1996....still a legend though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

No he just embarrassed himself infront of almost a hundred thousand people at the Reading festival in 1996....still a legend though

Yes but Kanye's whole career is based around his rapping and producing. Ian Browns whole career is based around his singing, which he does with a certain amount of skill. Kanye singing was more of an experiment than anything else.

This is like comparing Adelle and Eminem because Eminem has sang on a couple of songs.

This might not makes sense to any of yous but it's making sense in my head :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

not joking at all mate.

most people, critics and music fans will agree as i've stated earlier that album was completely upstaged by Big Boi's Speakerbox

I wouldn't say completely upstaged, but it was pipped at the post for sure. Speakerbox is a brilliant album.

Even if he did, he still sings better than Kanye. Kanye won't even show us what he really sounds like without autotune, and it's still sh*t with the autotune. Also, if you're gonna attempt to sing soul-type music, you should at least be able to hold a tune. Which he can't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

Even if he did, he still sings better than Kanye. Kanye won't even show us what he really sounds like without autotune, and it's still sh*t with the autotune. Also, if you're gonna attempt to sing soul-type music, you should at least be able to hold a tune. Which he can't.
    4;10 onwards

Kanye isn't that bad of a singer at all, especially without autotune

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Raoul

Don't see why it has to be perfect. Once it is enjoyable to listen to. Reminds me of Tenacious D, say something like it doesn't matter if its good it just matters if it rocks.

Kanye is probably one of my most favourite artists. When he did 808s, I thought it was crap. About a year later I relistened to it and I think it is an absolute gem for sticking on when going to bed. His albums are so diverse.

So for me it doesn't matter if he can sing, rap or produce the best. Overall, I find the music excellent and thoroughly enjoyable and can suit any mood.

Raoul wrote: »
    Don't see why it has to be perfect. Once it is enjoyable to listen to. Reminds me of Tenacious D, say something like it doesn't matter if its good it just matters if it rocks.

Kanye is probably one of my most favourite artists. When he did 808s, I thought it was crap. About a year later I relistened to it and I think it is an absolute gem for sticking on when going to bed. His albums are so diverse.

So for me it doesn't matter if he can sing, rap or produce the best. Overall, I find the music excellent and thoroughly enjoyable and can suit any mood.

I didn't say it had to be perfect, but it definitely doesn't "rock". And I don't find it at all enjoyable to listen to when he sings. He's just not that good at singing. The guy is capable of making a good tune, but there are things he just isn't good at.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Kanye ranks higher than Em but lower than Mos imo who himself is no Lauryn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

this thread cray

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    aah mos can sing his ass of now man

Yeah as I said he is a better singer than Kanye (who is alright) but he is not better than LH or Cee-Lo for example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HkMxRB-gJE

snippets from the new album,some good song on there...

Advertisement