Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

senior trades

Options
  • 22-03-2011 7:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

question
    served my time from 1985-1989
    passed junior trades but failed science in senior trades
    stupidly never repeated at the time
    working since in contracting
    would i be considered an electrician or a just a time served electrician
    just wondering where i stand
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭dolittle

havent a clue chap
    although theres a good few lads here who have a great deal of knowledge about stuff like this
    they will be able to give you the lowdown

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

question
    served my time from 1985-1989
    passed junior trades but failed science in senior trades
    stupidly never repeated at the time
    working since in contracting
    would i be considered an electrician or a just a time served electrician
    just wondering where i stand
    thanks

Well id say your an electrician, the science was the subject i found by far the easiest, but many i knew found it the hard one.

Where you stand officially is another question.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

In the past there were 2 different pay rates, one for a time served electrician and a higher rate for a time served electrician with the exams.

I am unsure what the position is now, but I will bet you can still resit the exam. Would you consider doing that?? It is only one subject to study for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 The Nark

Why not apply to FAS for a National Craft Certificate?

You won't qualify for it as things stand but they will point out your options to you & tell you the steps that you need to take to complete your certification.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 beeverboris

some good options there lads
    i might give fas a shout tomorrow
    again thanks for all the advice and comments

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 sparktech

Hi lads anyone ever get an answer. ? Can the exam be retaken. ? In the same boat, thanks

Advertisement