Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Accounting

• 22-03-2011 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hey Everyone,
    Just a quick query about the Acc Paper. Is it possible that topics such as control acc etc that have traditionally been 60 mark questions be extended to 100 marks in sect two? They are both technically Financial Accounting but we dont do these as focus on the 120 marker in sect one.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

control cant be 100.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 guest26

Thanks sunny but it that official from the dept or just cause the question is too short? Is it the same for the Reval / Dep Fixed Asset that are always 60 marks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

yes thats true, i cant imagine how they could add extra to dep. reval, control. They just dont come as 100. Ill post all the sections if i get time

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Sunny!! wrote: »
    yes thats true, i cant imagine how they could add extra to dep. reval, control. They just dont come as 100. Ill post all the sections if i get time

This.

They're never 100 marks. I don't know what the official department statement is but it's just not an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

It's not official so technically it could, but it's almost definite it won't.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 CKehoe

For Accounting I made predicitions only on 2 questions but it still narrows it a bit. Question 1 to be Company Account and in Section 2 Incomplete Records has come up every second year since 2003 and it is to come up this year. My advice for section 3 is to focus on Costing or Budgeting whichever is your strongest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭szybki

if anyone is intrested in ordinary lvl acc is gonna be (I think) :
    section 1 departamental or manufacturing account
    section 2 cash flow statement and interpretation of accounts
    section 3 cash budgeting

Advertisement