Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NUIG Accommodation *No advertising. Read Post #1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭xEmily2011

ciano1 wrote: »
    Only problem with the Dunaras bus is that the bus supposedly runs at awkward times for lectures.

As far as distance goes, it's about 20 walk from dunaras to college and 25 to the sparch.

Area isn't too bad apart from the apparently dodgy estates across the road.

Yea, the bus is every hour though, you get there like 5 to the hour, but it also leaves at 5 to, so you obv have to leave the lecture slightly early...it takes a break between 2 and 4, so thats kinda **** too...but the way I'm looking at it is, if i cant get a bus home, I'm more likely to go library and do something useful with my time :L
    Oh really? i never heard of the dodgy estates tbh :L I was looking into Menlo till i heard something about Rapes? :/ my house plan with friends fell through when i didnt know about psychology offers so i was left last resort, with cuirt and gort booked out :L
    25 to spanish arch? not too bad really...nearly take that from corrib village anyway haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

xEmily2011 wrote: »
    Yea, the bus is every hour though, you get there like 5 to the hour, but it also leaves at 5 to, so you obv have to leave the lecture slightly early...it takes a break between 2 and 4, so thats kinda **** too...but the way I'm looking at it is, if i cant get a bus home, I'm more likely to go library and do something useful with my time :L
    Oh really? i never heard of the dodgy estates tbh :L I was looking into Menlo till i heard something about Rapes? :/ my house plan with friends fell through when i didnt know about psychology offers so i was left last resort, with cuirt and gort booked out :L
    25 to spanish arch? not too bad really...nearly take that from corrib village anyway haha

Rahoon has a bit of a rep for having some dodgy estates, I've never lived out there so don't know! :p There have been a few threads on boards over the years discussing it!

Cuirt isn't booked out according to their site? :confused:

Well I walked from the sparch to Glen dara which is near Dunaras and that took 20 minutes, just estimated the extra five minutes! :p

Rahoon has a bit of a rep for having some dodgy estates, I've never lived out there so don't know! :p There have been a few threads on boards over the years discussing it!

Cuirt isn't booked out according to their site? :confused:

Well I walked from the sparch to Glen dara which is near Dunaras and that took 20 minutes, just estimated the extra five minutes! :p

Ah fair enough :L ill steer clear so :P haha ill stick to ould Dunaras and see how it goes!!

Eh yea, i rang cuirt and they said all they had left was single rooms the non-ensuite ones, and my mam's a bit of a clean freak and won't allow me share a bathroom 'just incase, you never know' so I'm grand with my ensuite :L

Ah sure thats not too bad...is it quicker to go straight in the road to like Topaz/Centra in Newcastle area, or to go in by the hospital and take the University Road entrance to the college?? haven't actually walked out there :L

Ah fair enough :L ill steer clear so :P haha ill stick to ould Dunaras and see how it goes!!

Eh yea, i rang cuirt and they said all they had left was single rooms the non-ensuite ones, and my mam's a bit of a clean freak and won't allow me share a bathroom 'just incase, you never know' so I'm grand with my ensuite :L

Ah sure thats not too bad...is it quicker to go straight in the road to like Topaz/Centra in Newcastle area, or to go in by the hospital and take the University Road entrance to the college?? haven't actually walked out there :L

Won't allow you!? Jesus somebody's posh! :p You rarely have to share with 1 or 2 others anyway. I've never had problems! haha

The quickest way to college would be just to keep walking towards college till ya eventually reach topaz (Well, reach the second Topaz. You pass another Topaz on the way! ) then go into college by the AIB entrance.

Quickest way to town would be to walk towards college from Dunaras for like 2 minutes. After Gleann Dara turn onto the Rahoon Road then Down Shantalla until you reach the Roisin Dubh after about 20 minutes of walking.

Won't allow you!? Jesus somebody's posh! :p You rarely have to share with 1 or 2 others anyway. I've never had problems! haha

The quickest way to college would be just to keep walking towards college till ya eventually reach topaz (Well, reach the second Topaz. You pass another Topaz on the way! ) then go into college by the AIB entrance.

Quickest way to town would be to walk towards college from Dunaras for like 2 minutes. After Gleann Dara turn onto the Rahoon Road then Down Shantalla until you reach the Roisin Dubh after about 20 minutes of walking.

well, you know, she wasn't happy with the idea...cuirt only had the ones with 4 people sharing...and i wasn't too pushed either, same price as dunaras like :L

ah yes, grand!! just making sure I'm not taking a long detour on the way like haha

you wouldn't happen to know a shortcut to Dangan aswel would you?? rather than having to walk in the whole way to like Hazel park and corrib park and all??

• Advertisement

you wouldn't happen to know a shortcut to Dangan aswel would you?? rather than having to walk in the whole way to like Hazel park and corrib park and all??

That's the only way I know anyway.Dangan is far from everywhere! :p Pass by Corrib and keep walking and walking. Or you could use that lovely lane that runs behind corrib, I hear it's lovely past midnight! :cool:

That's the only way I know anyway.Dangan is far from everywhere! :p Pass by Corrib and keep walking and walking. Or you could use that lovely lane that runs behind corrib, I hear it's lovely past midnight! :cool:

haha i actually walked that with 2 of the lads who lived in my building in corrib last year, 1 really horrible night in january :L I was actually terrified!! think ill stick with the main route though...safest options are always fun... :L

hey, btw, were friends on Facebook....just noticed there when i clicked on your homepage hahahaha

haha i actually walked that with 2 of the lads who lived in my building in corrib last year, 1 really horrible night in january :L I was actually terrified!! think ill stick with the main route though...safest options are always fun... :L

hey, btw, were friends on Facebook....just noticed there when i clicked on your homepage hahahaha

STAAAAALKER! :P

STAAAAALKER! :P

eh...i was gonna write to you in the message thing rather than on the ACCOMMODATION post, cos MODERATOR guy will prob attack it :L but then it came up your Facebook and I'm like HOLY **** :L Im not gonna say any more though, cos I've a feeling there's some mutual friends who will prob think I'm trying to invade their lives.....:confused::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Lucario

Do many first years live in Cuirt/Gort na Coiribe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Lucario wrote: »
    Do many first years live in Cuirt/Gort na Coiribe?
    Hundreds of first years live in either, actually you'd be hard fought finding someone who isn't a first or second year living in student accommodation such as Cúirt or Gort.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Cocolola

Just got the lease agreement from Gort in an email. Unit 10 here I come :D

Cocolola wrote: »

What year are you going into? :)

Cocolola wrote: »

That's one of the places near reception

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Cocolola

Lucario wrote: »
    What year are you going into? :)

First year but as a mature student of 25 living with second years.
    That's one of the places near reception

Damnit! I was trying to figure that out on Google Maps and you've confirmed my worst fears :D

Does anyone know if many tend to drop out from their booked accomm. when the results/offers come out? I applied for a waiting list but I'm just praying that I'll actually get my room preference :/

• Registered Users Posts: 47 AP McCoy

Anyone know of any sites that can help me find either an apartment or rent a room? Daft.ie doesn't help and I don't mind not being right by the college I have transport just as long as it's a decent enough area..

Thanks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

There'll be loads of properties in the Advertiser in the second/third week of August.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 AP McCoy

Have you a link or is it a paper, I'm 220km from Galway :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 marienhof

hey guys

Im going into first year medicine in september (God willing) and I will be staying in Menlo Park.

I was wondering would anyone be interested in small group Bible studies.......:D:rolleyes::p:D;):p:D

• Advertisement

marienhof wrote: »
    hey guys

Im going into first year medicine in september (God willing) and I will be staying in Menlo Park.

I was wondering would anyone be interested in small group Bible studies.......:D:rolleyes::p:D;):p:D

If there'll be free Holy water, hell yeah! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

marienhof wrote: »
    hey guys

Hey! I amn't in to that sort of thing, but there is a Christian Union in the college that does bible study! You can be of any part of the Christian faith to go to it, they also have a weekly meeting with songs and prayer and all that jazz!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭fizzyorange

At first I was all "Oh cool, other first years joining the Christian Soc and attending bible study!" but now I realise that it was all sarcasm. :o

Edit: Got my place in Centrepoint a few months back, don't know how I feel about sharing a twin room but I'm hoping my room mate is sound enough. :)

At first I was all "Oh cool, other first years joining the Christian Soc and attending bible study!" but now I realise that it was all sarcasm. :o

Edit: Got my place in Centrepoint a few months back, don't know how I feel about sharing a twin room but I'm hoping my room mate is sound enough. :)

Awh I'll go with you for the craic :')

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

It's actually not as bad as I thought it would be! One of my best mates is big into it, and she convinced me to come along. All the people that go are super friendly and lovely! not my cup of tea though (they also serve tea, and biscuits!)

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    It's actually not as bad as I thought it would be! One of my best mates is big into it, and she convinced me to come along. All the people that go are super friendly and lovely! not my cup of tea though (they also serve tea, and biscuits!)

What goes on? Like.... processions and gospels? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Mad Shark

An NUIG student shouldn't even consider it. It's miles too far from NUIG. Check it out on Google Maps. Look at getting a cheap room in a shared house on the west side of the city.

I am from Dublin - how do i go about finding a room in a house to share??

• Registered Users Posts: 19 loopychick

Mad Shark wrote: »
    I am from Dublin - how do i go about finding a room in a house to share??

Try daft.ie and hopefully you should find something there. Also contact the accommodation office and they should be able to give you some places. Hope that helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Caiseoipe19

rent.ie has a section specifically for sharing. Also take a look in the Galway Advertiser Accomodation section (available online) and let.ie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Magnifique

Check out daft.ie there are lots of really cheap houses available in rahoon but you'd want to have at least 3 other people living with you too :)

Advertisement