Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NUIG Accommodation *No advertising. Read Post #1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

JoannaJay wrote: »
    Bats?:eek:

It's okay, she means rats! :p

(I honestly haven't got a clue about menlo! )

• Registered Users Posts: 9 JoannaJay

ciano1 wrote: »

Ohh ok :o buzzin to move into my apartment now:o:p:p

JoannaJay wrote: »
    Ohh ok :o buzzin to move into my apartment now:o:p:p

Well, I've never heard anything bad about it, that must be a good thing! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

She? Who you callin a woman? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

Menlo Park is a bit away from college. You'd walk it in about 15-20 mins but best bet is to get a bike. You can also cut down by Dyke Road onto the bridge rather than going all the way round by Dunnes. It's a nice quiet area (well, Castlelawn Heights across the road is anyway), and close to Gort na Coiribe so you can always go to the house parties there. No idea on what the actual apartments are like though :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Ficheall

RolandIRL wrote: »
    best bet is to get a bike
    No matter where you are in Galway, get a bike, get a couple of decent bike locks, and get some decent waterproof clothing and footwear.

Ficheall wrote: »
    No matter where you are in Galway, get a bike, get a couple of decent bike locks, and get some decent waterproof clothing and footwear.

Ah now, it's not as wet as everyone makes it out to be.
    In my 2 years here, I've only been caught in the rain about 3 times going to college! Maybe I'm just very lucky!

Ah now, it's not as wet as everyone makes it out to be.
    In my 2 years here, I've only been caught in the rain about 3 times going to college! Maybe I'm just very lucky!

O_o

What college are you going to?! I've been here all summer and it's been pissing rain most weeks, and that's typical for most of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭ILLY_Bee

im going into first year and ive applied for on campus accommodation.. im moving a good bit away from home and i was originally thinking of living with a friend but plans have changed cos they didnt get nuig iso now i actually no not a single soul going to nuig.. i have a few friends in gmit going into 2nd year and they said i could live with them but people are telling me its better to get on campus for first year spec if your moving a fair bit away from home... any ideas bout what i should do?

Stay near NUIG. Sharing with people who are going to GMIT is almost guaranteed to fail. The colleges are too far apart. You'll be grand - you'll make friends and settle in after a couple of weeks.

• Advertisement

thanks! was seriously confused about what to do!

ILLY_Bee wrote: »
    im going into first year and ive applied for on campus accommodation.. im moving a good bit away from home and i was originally thinking of living with a friend but plans have changed cos they didnt get nuig iso now i actually no not a single soul going to nuig.. i have a few friends in gmit going into 2nd year and they said i could live with them but people are telling me its better to get on campus for first year spec if your moving a fair bit away from home... any ideas bout what i should do?

That's a really good situation to be in IMO.
    Kinda forces you to get to know new people!

RolandIRL wrote: »
    O_o

What college are you going to?! I've been here all summer and it's been pissing rain most weeks, and that's typical for most of the year.

Haha... I dunno why, maybe I just always happened to be walking to college during the break in the rain! :p
    This summer was pretty ****ty though in Galway! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

Are there any full Irish accommodation for NUIG? Would they be offered at a lower cost?

ChemHickey wrote: »
    Are there any full Irish accommodation for NUIG? Would they be offered at a lower cost?

Full Irish?

You might get lucky with that on some digs, but I wouldn't count on it. It's not a bad idea though...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I reckon it might be worth trying to contact Feidhlim Seoighe who is the Oifigeach na Gaeilge in the SU this year, he might harbour some information with regards Irish Speaking Accommodation. And then if course there's the Accommodations Office.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

Full Irish?

Yeah as being an accommodation where the only language spoken is Irish. I have heard of it in UCC and in some other colleges where they get accommodation for a pitance, but, in return, have to organise things like tráth na gceist or céilithe or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Lucario

Yeah as being an accommodation where the only language spoken is Irish. I have heard of it in UCC and in some other colleges where they get accommodation for a pitance, but, in return, have to organise things like tráth na gceist or céilithe or something like that.

I've seen them in other colleges but I don't think there's one for Galway :(

Ahhhh right. There's me with an image of a full Irish Breakfast in my head! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 AP McCoy

Starting a part time course in NUIG and need to find accommodation from the around the 14th of september. Is there a sight where people are looking for housemates and that? I'll be going solo, so cant be going on daft looking at 5 bed houses on my own :pac: 24 year old male..

AP McCoy wrote: »
    Starting a part time course in NUIG and need to find accommodation from the around the 14th of september. Is there a sight where people are looking for housemates and that? I'll be going solo, so cant be going on daft looking at 5 bed houses on my own :pac: 24 year old male..
    You can do a sharing search on daft.
    http://www.daft.ie/searchsharing.daft

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 755 ✭✭✭sea_monkey

or http://ie.easyroommate.com/ is quite good also

sea_monkey wrote: »
    or http://ie.easyroommate.com/ is quite good also

I really don't like the fact that you have to disclose your name, email and phone number and whole load of other info to a third party website for search results. I prefer Daft and the Advertiser since that's where the majority of ads are and you can contact the landlord (or whatever) without them (Daft or Advertiser) getting any of your personal details.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭justBlake

God accomadation fills up fast :s cuirt na corribe, gort, and corrib villge are all fll up :S anyone ave a place and need someone else to share?

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Lucario

justBlake wrote: »
    God accomadation fills up fast :s cuirt na corribe, gort, and corrib villge are all fll up :S anyone ave a place and need someone else to share?

Wow they're all full? I thought there'd be spaces left for a few days with people dropping out :S But anyway, here are loads of accommodations for NUIG students :pac:

justBlake wrote: »

Tell me about it!! I'm on the waiting list for corrib and they said a few people are dropping out of it but won't know if I got a room for another 3 days... got a place in dunaras village today went up and looked at them and they are lovely so might take that instead like ha

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Emer19

Hello, wondering if any prospective NUI Galway students are staying in centrepoint apartments this year? I dont know anyone yet so I'd like to get in touch. :)

Name: Emer
    Sex: Female
    Studying: BA Arts International

boardzz wrote: »

Sounds like advertising to me. Is it owner-occupied? Is that what you mean by it being like B&B without the breakfast?
    I'll give you 50euro pw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭boardzz

No it's not owner occupied. I want to rent a place and i'm looking for people to share with.

Advertisement