Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NUIG Accommodation *No advertising. Read Post #1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

Lucario wrote: »
    Is there cycle paths on it? Like, how wide is it? If it's a narrow little yoke then I'll probably go out of my way to find a route around it :rolleyes:

*Forgot to mention, I'll be coming from Gort na Coiribe, so how long will that take? o.O

Yes there are! It's got 4 lanes of traffic.
    The reason everyone hates it is because It's so exposed and on wet/windy days it's horrible.It has its own micro climate. The amount of lectures I missed because I didn't want to cross it is shocking! :p

Its 15 minutes walk from gort to college

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭m3lani3xx

ILLY_Bee wrote: »
    im the same! like im coming from the carlow/laois area so no point in going home only to go back up a few days later with my stuff ha!
    im staying in dunaras dont know how far that is from centrepoint but sure i might see you around at some point!! ha :D

exactly the same,im from laois so yea like you said no point! ah im sure ill see you around the campus whats the course? :)

Stiltzkin wrote: »
    Yes, a friend, thank you. :D I made sure to get a single, there was no way I was sharing. Males need their fapping space. :pac: Yeah the first years are all grouped together.. Melanie eh. I'm Noel, and yeah i'm sure we'll meet up there soon. :)

i wanted a single..sadly its like a thousand more so i said mehh..fapping ;)noel you dirty dirty boy :pac: but yes well meet eventually and ill forever know you as the fapping one :P

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭ILLY_Bee

m3lani3xx wrote: »
    exactly the same,im from laois so yea like you said no point! ah im sure ill see you around the campus whats the course? :)

Health and Safety systems whats yours? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Lucario

Is it bad to hope that the person who I'll be sharing a room with cancels and that I can just keep the twin room all to myself? :pac:

• Advertisement

Health and Safety systems whats yours? :)

arts :P hopefully psychology next year providing all goes well :)

arts :P hopefully psychology next year providing all goes well :)

oh very nice! i hear psychology is good!
    i have yet to meet anyone doing my course so im really nervous about that! haha

Is it bad to hope that the person who I'll be sharing a room with cancels and that I can just keep the twin room all to myself? :pac:

dont forget to hope for no more applicants to stay there..im wishing for exactly the same :pac: thought the chances are small.. :/ its not that i mind sharing an apartment,in fact i think thats a great way to possibly make new friends...its just the room.Space is needed!

oh very nice! i hear psychology is good!
    i have yet to meet anyone doing my course so im really nervous about that! haha

Been wanting to do it since summer after 3rd year! Really? So many on boards are doing arts.. plus i know two people from my own school doing arts.Familiar faces to say the least but i only really talked to them in class.Im sure youll settle into your course just fine!

dont forget to hope for no more applicants to stay there..im wishing for exactly the same :pac: thought the chances are small.. :/ its not that i mind sharing an apartment,in fact i think thats a great way to possibly make new friends...its just the room.Space is needed!

Yes :O There were no singles left so I kinda had to take the twin :/ At least it's an ensuite... But still, some random lad in my room for the next 8 months o.O Of course I don't mind sharing an apartment, but a room is just too much. Like what if he's some crazy lunatic who smokes weed at every hour of the day in the room? :rolleyes: ...maybe he'll drop out ;)

• Advertisement

Been wanting to do it since summer after 3rd year! Really? So many on boards are doing arts.. plus i know two people from my own school doing arts.Familiar faces to say the least but i only really talked to them in class.Im sure youll settle into your course just fine!

i wanted to do science but then went to the open day and saw this course and just really took a liking to it has everything i want ha
    yeah really, its not to bad cos ive biology and chem/physics so im sure ill meet loads doing that! ha
    least you know some people! none of my friends are going to galway im the only one from my school going actually! ha

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Stiltzkin

Yes, a friend, thank you. :D I made sure to get a single, there was no way I was sharing. Males need their fapping space. :pac: Yeah the first years are all grouped together.. Melanie eh. I'm Noel, and yeah i'm sure we'll meet up there soon. :)

i wanted a single..sadly its like a thousand more so i said mehh..fapping ;)noel you dirty dirty boy :pac: but yes well meet eventually and ill forever know you as the fapping one :P
    I thought a twin room sharing is like 75 a week? :P My single is like 95, the ensuites were all gone. :I I wouldn't say it's dirty.. It's v normal actually. :pac: And you're doing Arts, you might be in my geography class. (:

Yes :O There were no singles left so I kinda had to take the twin :/ At least it's an ensuite... But still, some random lad in my room for the next 8 months o.O Of course I don't mind sharing an apartment, but a room is just too much. Like what if he's some crazy lunatic who smokes weed at every hour of the day in the room? :rolleyes: ...maybe he'll drop out ;)

Snap on the ensuite :p but hey, lads are okay..some girls are bitchy, if i dont get along with this girl itll be a hard 8 months..oh yes drop outs are welcome :D

Snap on the ensuite :p but hey, lads are okay..some girls are bitchy, if i dont get along with this girl itll be a hard 8 months..oh yes drop outs are welcome :D

Yeah I jumped on it when she said it was an ensuite, that's a good plus.. I guess :D Yeah but still, I could get a right weirdo ;) Oh yeah, there' nothing worse than a bitchy aul girl :/ If you happen to get one you should just make it totally unbearable to live with you and she might move out :rolleyes:

I thought a twin room sharing is like 75 a week? :P My single is like 95, the ensuites were all gone. :I I wouldn't say it's dirty.. It's v normal actually. :pac: And you're doing Arts, you might be in my geography class. (:

yes 75 a week i think, i dont even know, i havnt gotten word back from them yet, have you? ohh good :) it was a toss up for me between geography and archaeology but i decided to stick with what i know and continue geography :) yesyes very normal, healthy too.I love how room talk took a turn :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Clarke94

Well I can't speak for corrib but I paid for centrepoint either Monday or Tuesday myself and havnt heard anything back, but if you paid your room is secure and you should hear back before moving day :)

Ah at least someone else is in a similar situation, thanks :)

Yeah I jumped on it when she said it was an ensuite, that's a good plus.. I guess :D Yeah but still, I could get a right weirdo ;) Oh yeah, there' nothing worse than a bitchy aul girl :/ If you happen to get one you should just make it totally unbearable to live with you and she might move out :rolleyes:

ill be extra loud and throw a party the first night ;) accidently ruin her clothes..the works, i might even go so far as to give her a haircut..unknowingly :D You just act like Mr. Bean im sure youll have a room to yourself in no time ;)

Anyone else moving intp corrib or studying arts? Moving up from Waterford on my own so nervous enough about getting to know people!

ill be extra loud and throw a party the first night ;) accidently ruin her clothes..the works, i might even go so far as to give her a haircut..unknowingly :D You just act like Mr. Bean im sure youll have a room to yourself in no time ;)

Haha skid marks and she's outta there ;) Ah I'm sure that will work, thanks! :pac:

Clarke94 wrote: »
    Anyone else moving intp corrib or studying arts? Moving up from Waterford on my own so nervous enough about getting to know people!

Hello again :rolleyes: im studying arts :) geography, psychology, soc and pol studies and beginner's spanish. What about yourself?

• Advertisement

Haha skid marks and she's outta there ;) Ah I'm sure that will work, thanks! :pac:

Haha ive seen my fair share of skid marks on my neighbours clothes line..and hes a big aul fellow :pac: thats a winner right there ;)

Haha ive seen my fair share of skid marks on my neighbours clothes line..and hes a big aul fellow :pac: thats a winner right there ;)

*shivers* Okay, TMI, right there ;) Haha!

Ugh I bet my roomie will be going up before me and he'll have the nicer bed got :(

Hello again :rolleyes: im studying arts :) geography, psychology, soc and pol studies and beginner's spanish. What about yourself?

Hey :) Im doing Irish, French, Irish translation and English! :rolleyes:

*shivers* Okay, TMI, right there ;) Haha!

Ugh I bet my roomie will be going up before me and he'll have the nicer bed got :(

Its nothing unless you've lived it.. :o i still shudder when his wife puts up the clothes :pac:

Thats why im heading up the 1st :cool: get my bed picked out, though knowing my luck she'll be thinking the same and get there before me:( And im still deciding if i should stay there or go home and head back up on the monday or tuesday.. decisions decisions.:pac:

Clarke94 wrote: »
    Hey :) Im doing Irish, French, Irish translation and English! :rolleyes:

No classes together :/ im sure ill see you in the building though, or around on campus, being the coffee fanatic i am ill probably be living in starbucks :pac: fairly sure thats in the arts building :)

Its nothing unless you've lived it.. :o i still shudder when his wife puts up the clothes :pac:

Thats why im heading up the 1st :cool: get my bed picked out, though knowing my luck she'll be thinking the same and get there before me:( And im still deciding if i should stay there or go home and head back up on the monday or tuesday.. decisions decisions.:pac:

Why where are you from? Jeez you'll have a whole week in Galway :O Will you survive? ;) I'm going up the 7th so he'll probably get there before me..

No classes together :/ im sure ill see you in the building though, or around on campus, being the coffee fanatic i am ill probably be living in starbucks :pac: fairly sure thats in the arts building :)

Ah I'll probably bump into you somewhere! :) Oh another coffee fanatic? :pac: The coffee in The Hub seemed to be pretty decent & cheap enough last time I was up there! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Stiltzkin

yes 75 a week i think, i dont even know, i havnt gotten word back from them yet, have you? ohh good :) it was a toss up for me between geography and archaeology but i decided to stick with what i know and continue geography :) yesyes very normal, healthy too.I love how room talk took a turn :rolleyes:

I havent heard anything from them.. Or nuig for that matter. Okai then geography buddy. Hahaha, look how quickly the subject is changed from sharing rooms to fapping. Boom.

Why where are you from? Jeez you'll have a whole week in Galway :O Will you survive? ;) I'm going up the 7th so he'll probably get there before me..

Laois..and survive? Probably not. I was going to go up the 7th too but then decided to have a few days to get to know the place before starting into college that weekend.Im going to check out the apartment and if i dont mind having either bed ill head home :pac: an go back maybe on the tuesday or wednesday :) where are you going from?

• Advertisement

I havent heard anything from them.. Or nuig for that matter. Okai then geography buddy. Hahaha, look how quickly the subject is changed from sharing rooms to fapping. Boom.

Really? I got that information book from nuig last week. Yayy geography buddy for loife :pac: or this year at least :P haha i know i love it :pac:

Advertisement