Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NUIG Accommodation *No advertising. Read Post #1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Lucario

m3lani3xx wrote: »
    Laois..and survive? Probably not. I was going to go up the 7th too but then decided to have a few days to get to know the place before starting into college that weekend.Im going to check out the apartment and if i dont mind having either bed ill head home :pac: an go back maybe on the tuesday or wednesday :) where are you going from?

Yeah I might go up the Thursday but that's as early as I'm going :P Clare, so I'm not that far away at all :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I'm heading up Saturday as well. Anyone else doing Civil Law staying in Dunaras?

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Stiltzkin

m3lani3xx wrote: »
    Stiltzkin wrote: »
    I havent heard anything from them.. Or nuig for that matter. Okai then geography buddy. Hahaha, look how quickly the subject is changed from sharing rooms to fapping. Boom.

Really? I got that information book from nuig last week. Yayy geography buddy for loife :pac: or this year at least :P haha i know i love it :pac:

I don't even know when arts actually starts. It says on the nuig site september but no date. Indeed. Yes you do. You will prob see a smallish boy with full brown hair wearing colourful t shirts. That would prob be me. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14 _LornaJane

Hello, was wondering if any 1st year NUIG students are staying in cuirt na coiribe this year? :D Haven't heard of anyone yet. 

Also anyone else out there studying Commerce international with German? 

• Registered Users Posts: 9 CollegeChickXx

_LornaJane wrote: »
    Hello, was wondering if any 1st year NUIG students are staying in cuirt na coiribe this year? :D Haven't heard of anyone yet. 

Also anyone else out there studying Commerce international with German? 

Hi I'm a first year staying in Cuirt Na Coiribe! :D
    But not studying Commerce, sorry!

• Advertisement

Hi I'm a first year staying in Cuirt Na Coiribe! :D
    But not studying Commerce, sorry!

Awh yay, first person I've heard staying there so far :D thought I was the only one :L

Awh yay, first person I've heard staying there so far :D thought I was the only one :L

Haha same! Looking forward to it? When you moving up? :D

Haha same! Looking forward to it? When you moving up? :D

Getting a little bit nervous but looking forward to it all the same :D you? Think I'll go up and register on the 1st and get my key and all that but probably won't move up until around the 5th or 6th! I don't live to far from Galway anyways so suits me to go anytime :) what about you?

Getting a little bit nervous but looking forward to it all the same :D you? Think I'll go up and register on the 1st and get my key and all that but probably won't move up until around the 5th or 6th! I don't live to far from Galway anyways so suits me to go anytime :) what about you?

I'm more excited than nervous atm (but that seems to change on a day to day basis haha!) I think I'l register on the first too, but move up the following Thursday or Friday! I'm going to be living with other first years this year too so not too bad! Do you know if your living with 1st years??

I'm more excited than nervous atm (but that seems to change on a day to day basis haha!) I think I'l register on the first too, but move up the following Thursday or Friday! I'm going to be living with other first years this year too so not too bad! Do you know if your living with 1st years??

Yeah I'm kind of the same haha! Might see you up on registration so :) I don't really know. I booked mine back in February and I'm in a 4 bed so I think it might be all 1st years! I hope so anyways, would make settling in a whole lot easier :D did they tell you you're with all 1st years or do you already know who's in your apartment?

• Advertisement

Yeah I'm kind of the same haha! Might see you up on registration so :) I don't really know. I booked mine back in February and I'm in a 4 bed so I think it might be all 1st years! I hope so anyways, would make settling in a whole lot easier :D did they tell you you're with all 1st years or do you already know who's in your apartment?

Might do indeed :D. Haha I only booked mine there a week ago! Was lucky to get a place so late really! I asked who I was sharing with and they said its all First years :) I'm in a 4 bed apartment too!

Might do indeed :D. Haha I only booked mine there a week ago! Was lucky to get a place so late really! I asked who I was sharing with and they said its all First years :) I'm in a 4 bed apartment too!

Hmm I never thought of asking, makes sense :L yeah that's really lucky, I thought they'd be booked up really fast! 4 bed too? Oh you never know, could end up being neighbours in the end :D

Hmm I never thought of asking, makes sense :L yeah that's really lucky, I thought they'd be booked up really fast! 4 bed too? Oh you never know, could end up being neighbours in the end :D

Haha that would be funny! Never know the chances, Could even be room-mates! :)

Haha that would be funny! Never know the chances, Could even be room-mates! :)

Yeah we could indeed be room mates :) only time will tell :D hopefully the security isn't as strict there as some people have said, have seen some mixed reviews about it! :(

Yeah we could indeed be room mates :) only time will tell :D hopefully the security isn't as strict there as some people have said, have seen some mixed reviews about it! :(

I know! I've read all these negative comments about not having over-night guests and stuff and having to fill out a form if you do?! I knew people staying there last year though, and when I was over there security never kicked anyone out? Maybe it depends on the noise coming from the apartment? Hopefully, they will be sound enough! I mean we are paying enough money for the bloody place! :pac:

I know! I've read all these negative comments about not having over-night guests and stuff and having to fill out a form if you do?! I knew people staying there last year though, and when I was over there security never kicked anyone out? Maybe it depends on the noise coming from the apartment? Hopefully, they will be sound enough! I mean we are paying enough money for the bloody place! :pac:

Yeah same, I was reading through them thinking oh god what have I done haha! Well that's not to bad then, just have to all be on our best behaviour.. Well try anyways :D :L what course are you doing anyways? :)

Yeah same, I was reading through them thinking oh god what have I done haha! Well that's not to bad then, just have to all be on our best behaviour.. Well try anyways :D :L what course are you doing anyways? :)

Haha 'try' being the key word there :P! I'm doing Civil Law myself..should be interesting :D

Haha 'try' being the key word there :P! I'm doing Civil Law myself..should be interesting :D

Of course, can't accuse us of not trying anyways :D awh not too bad :) had that 2nd on my Cao too actually :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7 RedDevil93

When are you free to move into your apartment in Corrib? Have all paid for but didn't recieve information regarding moving in or getting keycard or that. Any info appreciated :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Heno94

RedDevil93 wrote: »
    When are you free to move into your apartment in Corrib? Have all paid for but didn't recieve information regarding moving in or getting keycard or that. Any info appreciated :)

I haven't heard anything from them at all, Don't fancy turning up a few days early either, I'll have to give them a ring :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

Lads anyone that has been there before or knew someone that was, know will a few spaces become available in Corrib around 2nd round offers?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Clarke94

RedDevil93 wrote: »

I haven't heard anything at all either! Would love to know! I'm sure it would have to be before the orientation weekend on the 8th and 9th? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭ILLY_Bee

finally have all my fees paid for accommodation.. anyone else moving up to dunaras at the weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭justBlake

ILLY_Bee wrote: »
    finally have all my fees paid for accommodation.. anyone else moving up to dunaras at the weekend?

I'm gioin up up at liike 9am just so i get to choose my bed :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 24 kindling

Hi, I'm gonna be living in Cuirt Na Coiribe this year and I was just wanting to know how strict management are regarding overnight guest from people who used to live there, and generally is it a good place to live?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭ILLY_Bee

justBlake wrote: »
    I'm gioin up up at liike 9am just so i get to choose my bed :cool:

oh why are you in a twin room?.. i dont wanna go up so early but dont have much of a choice hoping there are a few people moving in this weekend ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Gualot

Ahoy there!

In response to your question, yeah Cuirt are relatively strict in regards to overnight guests. The rules are that you have to sign them in at reception a day before their arrival. It's also fairly tough sneaking people in because there's usually security on the gate past 12am. So yeah, if you're planning on having a pal stay the night, make sure to sign he/she in!

Cuirt gets pretty bad stick about being a 'posh prison' and whatnot, but I found it a f**king brilliant place to live! A lot of the first years were living in the same block (assuming that you're a first year). This meant that it was much easier to get to know people. Also, despite common belief, there is much fun to be had in Cuirt. We had many a wild shindig which wasn't interrupted by security!

Anyway, best of luck with your college year. Oh, and if you happen to get Apt.14, treat her well---she was a great little apartment!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 kindling

Thank you very much for the detailed reply.
    I'm thoroughly looking forward to living there, really just wanna wee piece of heaven this year in comparison to the dungeons of corrib village last year.
    As far as I know i'm living with 6 other people so that should be fun, Could you tell me if you know if management group people together? i.e. 2nd years with 2nd years etc :)

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭justBlake

ILLY_Bee wrote: »
    oh why are you in a twin room?.. i dont wanna go up so early but dont have much of a choice hoping there are a few people moving in this weekend ha

yup, because the single rooms were all gone and i don't like double beds :P
    but it does mean we're more likely to be in the same house :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 cuddlytrout

Clarke94 wrote: »
    I haven't heard anything at all either! Would love to know! I'm sure it would have to be before the orientation weekend on the 8th and 9th? :confused:
    My friend's going there and he told me that he rang corrib village up and they said you can get your key from the 1st!

Advertisement