Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NUIG Accommodation *No advertising. Read Post #1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭ILLY_Bee

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    You went home already? Have fun!

yeah left yesterday! have to collect my dress today from the dressmaker!
    thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭justBlake

Im moving up friday morning so if any1 from dunaras wants to do some thing friday :P?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Heno94

Moving into I-Block in Corrib room 156-1 on Friday, anyone else nearby? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 RedDevil93

Caity wrote: »
    Hell ya block G!!
    Block G as well, can't remember my room number but moved in Monday, stayed the night and heading back down tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

RedDevil93 wrote: »
    Caity wrote: »
    Hell ya block G!!
    Block G as well, can't remember my room number but moved in Monday, stayed the night and heading back down tomorrow.

Block G! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 Confused_!

Heno94 wrote: »
    Moving into I-Block in Corrib room 156-1 on Friday, anyone else nearby? :)

Cool, I'm gonna be your neighbour, I'm in apartment 157! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Heno94

Confused_! wrote: »
    Cool, I'm gonna be your neighbour, I'm in apartment 157! :)

Yay, at least someone will be there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Cocolola

So I moved into Gort today, had to leave straight away, my housemates have the kitchen destroyed! It's like a comedy scene, half-eaten food everywhere, plates and cutlery thrown about the place etc. The sitting area had been taken over by them and their friends :D Ah living with strangers, can't beat it!

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Lucario

Cocolola wrote: »
    So I moved into Gort today, had to leave straight away, my housemates have the kitchen destroyed! It's like a comedy scene, half-eaten food everywhere, plates and cutlery thrown about the place etc. The sitting area had been taken over by them and their friends :D Ah living with strangers, can't beat it!

Ah lovely ;) Hope my house is a bit... cleaner :rolleyes: Are your housemates 1st years? Lads/girls? :D

*And let me know if anyone has moved into my house ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Cocolola

Lucario wrote: »
    Ah lovely ;) Hope my house is a bit... cleaner :rolleyes: Are your housemates 1st years? Lads/girls? :D

*And let me know if anyone has moved into my house ;)

Haha. All 2nd years, I'm sharing with a girl and the single rooms are all lads who are friends.

There was a guy moving into your house earlier ya. He looks normal anyway :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 RedDevil93

Either of the other folks who were saying they're in Corrib Block G know which building they're in? I'm apartment 173, so I think apartments 170 -174 are all in my building. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

RedDevil93 wrote: »
    Either of the other folks who were saying they're in Corrib Block G know which building they're in? I'm apartment 173, so I think apartments 170 -174 are all in my building. :)

175 :L

• Registered Users Posts: 15 cuddlytrout

Ah right, cool! Am there's 4 other first year lads in mine, I don't know any of them though :P Oh cool what's it like? I really wanted to see more pictures the website has feckall :pac:

This may sound weird but i'm pretty sure our balconys are across from each other?? ha I'm across the gap :P your room mates nice? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Nobody's in Block N :(

This may sound weird but i'm pretty sure our balconys are across from each other?? ha I'm across the gap :P your room mates nice? :)

Really? What no. you in? Yeah their all sound out! How about yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 cuddlytrout

Really? What no. you in? Yeah their all sound out! How about yours?

14 :) theres a gap between our balcony and the one to the left...yeah same thank god :)

14 :) theres a gap between our balcony and the one to the left...yeah same thank god :)

Ah cool, call over some time, we always have fun parties n' shít :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Mw1991may

Hi im a 21 year old final year nursing student. Near Newcastle or close to hospital suits:)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭iFreeley

Hey :) Was at the open day yesterday and it's safe to say i'm set on going to NUIG :) One thing that's bugging me is that i can't decide whether to rent my own place with friends, or stay in Corrib Village? Will i really be missing out on that much if i don't stay there? Each has it's own pro's and con's but i really cant decide.. one of the main con's of Corrib is the strict security and not having friends/people stay in your house. So any advice would be appreciated :D

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭keithb93

Id say rent with friends. I always regretted staying in corrib, too much money for what it is.

• Advertisement

iFreeley wrote: »
    Hey :) Was at the open day yesterday and it's safe to say i'm set on going to NUIG :) One thing that's bugging me is that i can't decide whether to rent my own place with friends, or stay in Corrib Village? Will i really be missing out on that much if i don't stay there? Each has it's own pro's and con's but i really cant decide.. one of the main con's of Corrib is the strict security and not having friends/people stay in your house. So any advice would be appreciated :D

If you like your luxuries then don't go to corrib ;) It's too small and looks like a detention center IMO. Besides that it's apparently great for meeting other first years. I'm in gort na coiribe and there's loads of first years here, the same with cuirt na coiribe, both are quite nice to live in, and you can just write down your friends names to live with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Gary2800

Hi there,
    I will be an exchange student for 1 semester in NUIG in the coming Spring semester,2013.
    I find almost student residence are fully booked, I want to ask is there a chance to book a twin room now(as I see there will be resold after 7th DEC).
    If not, can you recommend other accommodation that suitable for exchange student?
    I don't want to find the accommodation after I arrive Galway...
    thanks for you help!! ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 2,558 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

The student residences are expensive and usually not that nice.

Keep an eye on daft.ie and see if anything comes up that's suitable. You might find others in the same situation and a group of ye could get a house together for the semester or something.

Gary2800 wrote: »
    Hi there,
    I will be an exchange student for 1 semester in NUIG in the coming Spring semester,2013.
    I find almost student residence are fully booked, I want to ask is there a chance to book a twin room now(as I see there will be resold after 7th DEC).
    If not, can you recommend other accommodation that suitable for exchange student?
    I don't want to find the accommodation after I arrive Galway...
    thanks for you help!! ^^
    The student residences are expensive and usually not that nice.

Keep an eye on daft.ie and see if anything comes up that's suitable. You might find others in the same situation and a group of ye could get a house together for the semester or something.

In fairness student accommodation would probably be better if he's only going to be here for a semester, as it basically has everything here whereas on daft or privately rented you'd probably need to pay for your own heating, electricity, broadband etc. Plus they're nice enough! As far as I know there are a lot of americans staying in Gort na Coiribe at the moment so a good few spaces will open up for the second semester, so maybe put your name in now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Gary2800

In fairness student accommodation would probably be better if he's only going to be here for a semester, as it basically has everything here whereas on daft or privately rented you'd probably need to pay for your own heating, electricity, broadband etc. Plus they're nice enough! As far as I know there are a lot of americans staying in Gort na Coiribe at the moment so a good few spaces will open up for the second semester, so maybe put your name in now!

Thanks for your answer^^ In fact, Gort na Coiribe gives me a offer of single room yesterday. But it is quite expensive for me. And Menlo told me they may provide a twin room for me so I now try to send an application form to it and wait for their reply. Actually I am a Chinese come from Hong Kong and go to NUIG alone:( It is quite sad to know that finding a residence is so difficult :(

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Found This Fork Sir

I'm pretty certain I want to stay there starting September 2013, but I'm just wondering, when would I apply to make sure I got the room I wanted? Like, is there a date when everyone starts applying from? So far I've only been able to find payment due dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

I'm pretty certain I want to stay there starting September 2013, but I'm just wondering, when would I apply to make sure I got the room I wanted? Like, is there a date when everyone starts applying from? So far I've only been able to find payment due dates.

Normally applications for Corrib/Gort/Cuirt etc open mid-late January

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Any update on Corrib Village/Dunaras opening dates for applications? Not sure which of the two to apply for and really don't want to miss out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Slow Show wrote: »
    Any update on Corrib Village/Dunaras opening dates for applications? Not sure which of the two to apply for and really don't want to miss out.

I live in Corrib, unreal craic and so handy! I know a few people in Dunaras this year and it seems to be quite a pain, having to get a bus into College etc. As for dates I can't really remember wen I applied, it was very early, January or Februry I think, but there really is no need. I know a girl who applied the day after results and got a place!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

I live in Corrib, unreal craic and so handy! I know a few people in Dunaras this year and it seems to be quite a pain, having to get a bus into College etc. As for dates I can't really remember wen I applied, it was very early, January or Februry I think, but there really is no need. I know a girl who applied the day after results and got a place!

Ah OK, I won't stress out too much so. :) I'm thinking I'll go for Corrib so, thanks!

Advertisement