Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NUIG Accommodation *No advertising. Read Post #1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

The only thing that would annoy me about living out there is the distance from town.

It's in a grand area if you're not too scared of 12 year scumbag children on bikes!

• Site Banned Posts: 123 ✭✭Mutant Mass

I'd look elsewhere OP. There are plenty of other places in Galway that are safer, and actually a lot more convenient for college.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

It's not too bad during the year, there's full time security who are pretty proactive. I lived there last year, and the main problem for me was the distance from college and town. The bus is handy, but honestly you're better off looking somewhere else. I can't recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 TMG94

Understood. Many thanks to you all for taking the time to reply. I've been looking at Donegan Court too, but they don't seem to be very first year friendly considering the first moiety has to be paid by 9th August. The L.C results come out the 14th so it's a massive gamble. I guess the search continues...

I'm looking for a room with some people. I'm a girl, looking to live with quiet people. Going into second year Civil Law. Message me if you're interested :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 aoifem0809

Third/Final year Arts NUI Galway looking for a house share
    Hey i'm going into Third/Final year in NUI Galway and i'm looking for a room to share in a housen with other third years or post grads.
    I can afford at max €350 rent.
    Preferably close to the college, but I'm not fussed.
    I'm fairly easy-going and tidy (but not a clean freak! I just tidy up after myself! )
    I'll be studying quite a bit, seeing as it is final year but i'm still up for the craic.
    If anyone is interested in teaming up PM me

• Registered Users Posts: 1 cathalhardiman

well im looking for 2 people to move in with me and other guy we are 2nd year computer scientists we have a house in gort na corriba but we need two more to share with. we have a single room in the house so if its just one pm aswell (nuig)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 gainford

Hey,

My name's Ray and I'm 22. I'm starting in NUIG this September to do a Masters in German. I'm looking for a house or flat share, preferably with other students and not too far from the university. If anyone knows of somewhere, or is looking for a housemate, I'd really be very grateful if you could let me know! Ideally looking for a place around €300 a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 lauren mc causland

so my license agreement for dunaras came through today but to be honest I'm not 100% confident on sending it back. Are all visitors banned or can you sign them in? Any advice on the place would be mucho appreciated, freaking out a lil now lol

You can sign them in. It's not very strict.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 jessica13

Hi Guys,

Myself and 2 girls (going into 3rd year) are looking for one or two housemates to share a place in around Galway city. Our budget is between €300-350 per month or cheaper if we can find it.

If anyone is interested let me know asap as we hope to look at acc in the next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Brona93

Hey, I'm looking for a few others to share a house with, I have no house yet. If you find a house and need another person, I'm your gal. I'm a 2nd year Arts Student and I'm 20.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Kegmeister99

Heya im a guy going into 3rd year arts in NUIG looking for 2 or 3 other students to go in on a 4 or 5 bedroom house near enough the college for between 300 and 350, hopefully cheeper of course if possible :D. I've got one other lad on board too. Looking for 2nd, 3rd or 4th year students, quiet enough but not too dry either :P message me if interested.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 2 F93

hi, i have a room available in a 5 bedroom house in Newcastle for €370 a week. if rented out as a twin room its €308 a week. There are 4 of us , all female and in our 3rd year of college in NUIG. Rent includes tv, internet and bin collection. The house has 2 bathrooms both with showers, there is a dishwasher, washing machine and dryer. PM if interested :) thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 gainford

Hey John,

I'm Ray, 22 and I'm starting my Masters in NUIG in September and hoping to move up about the end of August. As I'm doing my Masters I will be working hard enough but also looking for some fun students to live with and blow off some steam with :P Lived with "young professionals" in college this year and it was just no craic at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭aoifemcg94

Im going to be starting my first year in September and I was wondering do you have to pay a deposit or whats the story? Can you just you name down on a waiting list or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 nb93

*Room Available in Newcastle*
    Three second year girls looking for someone to share a 4 bedroom house, 5 mins from college, and only €275 a month. Someone, sound, reasonably clean and up for the craic. PM if your interested. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭MontyChips

Hi guys, I am 22 year male doing my hdip in september. Looking for others to share a house/flat with. Preferably with other post-grads or final year students. Will be a busy year but at the same up for a bit of craic now and again :)

pm if interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Fooker

Hi guys,

I'm going into final year. Thought I'd a room lined up, but looks unlikely now. I live an hour or so down the road. Was wondering would it be ok to live at home for the first month or so and then to look for somewhere? I'm lazy about finding somewhere at the moment..

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭sureitsgrand

27 year old male PhD student looking for a place for just the first semester!

Wouldn't mind a decent place so willing to pay up to 400...Would be great if there were one or two other postgrads looking for something similar.

PM if interested.

Cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 lauren mc causland

sorry, i know this is off topic but i dont know where else to find out such information. The craic is I wont be 18 until November and whilst i use someone else's ID up home, im not sure if itll cut it in galway. PLEASE TELL ME THE BOUNCERS ABOUT GALWAY ARE SOUND AND I WONT HAVE TO SIT IN UNTIL NOVEMBER?? :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1 burke123

Hi, I'm an 18 year old girl, I'm going into first year in NUIG but I don't know anyone else going there! Looking to share a house with other girls that are first years (doesn't have to be either, I'm not fussy :)) or basically anyone that's up for a bit of craic haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Kate7464

Starting in first year and have no accommodation and know nobody! Want somewhere thats good craic and plenty of people to make friends with. Says corribs fully booked. Anyone have any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭aleyra

2 double bedrooms available in St.Augustine street for 337 a month. Looking to fill 2 rooms in 4 bedroom house with 2 girls doing the LLB. Will be fairly busy studying this year but still up for a bit of craic !Looking for someone who's clean, easy going and preferably in final year or doing a postgrad. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 goodcraic92

hi guys,21 year old girl goin into final year hoping to get cheap accomadation sorted in the next week before college, really up for a bita craic this year, clean and easy to get on wit. hoping t find other girls looking for a housemate. PM me if anyones interested :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 goodcraic92

hi there, i dont hav a house yet either but I have to live with randomers this year coz im planning it last min.im 21 , clean and really up for the craic...think we'd get on? PM me if interested :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 emilys94

Hello Im hopefully going to be a first year student come tomorrow but have no accommodation sorted whatsoever so I was wondering would anyone who's stayed in student accommodation before recommend places? Pm me details please as im hopeless to know where to start!! :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Dalmighty

*Room Available in Cherry Park*

Three Post-Grad males looking for someone to share a 4 bedroom house, 10-15 mins from NUIG, Someone sound, clean and easy going. PM if your interested. Final year/Post grad students only! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Cant Trust The System

Hi :) First year female here looking for cheap accommodation. I'm very last minute cos I didn't think I'd end up moving. Anyone have any ideas/advice? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Nkerr

same boat as everyone else here, need a room! female 21, share with anyone who's sound(obviously:)) PM if your up for a birra craic and on your tobler too! ha

Advertisement