Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Strikeforce Challengers Lands On UK Television For Free In 2011

• 22-03-2011 7:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭

Posted on March 22, 2011 by MMAWeekly.com Staff
    Strikeforce-Challengers-Logo.jpgMixed martial arts fans in the U.K. may not have a Strikeforce or UFC live event on tap any time in the near future, but they will soon be getting more MMA on the telly.
    British network Primetime (channel 480 on Sky) is making a play to become the broadcast home of U.K. MMA. Primetime announced on Monday that the network will air all Strikeforce Challengers events in 2011 for free in the U.K.
    Primetime’s Challengers broadcasts begin with Strikeforce Challengers 15, which features a main event pitting Justin Wilcox against Rodrigo Damm in the main event. Strikeforce Challengers 15 airs for free at 7 p.m. on April 2 on channel 480 on Sky.
    Primetime has also secured the rights to air the Strikeforce World Grand Prix Heavyweight Tournament on pay-per-view on Sky and Virgin TV.
    http://mmaweekly.com/strikeforce-challengers-lands-on-uk-television-for-free-in-2011

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

I don't have sly, but I thought the channel called "Primetime" was a PPV channel. I think the might have had the last(or a recent 1) stikeforce event showing and have some boxing aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Devastator wrote: »
    I don't have sly, but I thought the channel called "Primetime" was a PPV channel. I think the might have had the last(or a recent 1) stikeforce event showing and have some boxing aswell

They do show boxing and the SF GP on PPV, but it looks like this will be a free show on the same channel.

Good news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

DW will no doubt be watching very closely to see how the GP does on PPV, we know he's itching to move the UK to a PPV market.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Its a pity UPC don't carry this channel, would be tempted to buy the occasional event if it excited me.

Defo interested in watching the free ones too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

DrPhilG wrote: »
    DW will no doubt be watching very closely to see how the GP does on PPV, we know he's itching to move the UK to a PPV market.

He is? First I've heard of it.

I don't think many people are going to pay to watch an event at 3am on a Sunday morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I dunno, people are/were willing to pay for big boxing matches featuring the likes of Lewis and Hatton and pay for the likes of Wrestlemania.

Also, the PPVs are now going to be starting at 2am. Imagine a British fighter fighting for a title at 2am. That would sell on PPV I reckon!

Advertisement