Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BBC 3 & 4 distorted signal

• 22-03-2011 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

For the last few days BBC 3 & 4 signals have disturbances. It looks like the type of pattern of interference you get before a channel disappears.

Movies4Men 1 & 2 also disappeared.

Any one knows what is going on? Have to see the last part of the Danish the Killing tomorrow.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭rlogue

DECT phone interference probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Scania46

What does that mean?
    I am using FTA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭Hannibal

My BBC 3 & 4 on sky are working perfectly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,131 ✭✭✭John mac

What does that mean?

a wireless phone handset. DECT

Is there any reason why our wireless phones should suddenly interfere with the reception and what can I do about it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Have you unplugged your phone to see if that is the cause?

^^^^^^^ try that first..

has the base station been moved ? whats ch 4 and e4 like? they are usually the ones affected.

All other chanels are fine. Last Saturday the BBC 3 & 4 showed the no signal sign. Since then they have come back but with the interference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Apogee

Scania46 wrote: »
    All other chanels are fine. Last Saturday the BBC 3 & 4 showed the no signal sign. Since then they have come back but with the interference.

BBC 3, 4 are on different transponders which makes interference a little less likely. Have you tried deleting the existing two channel entries and doing a rescan?

I have tried to scan in BBC3 and 4 using the values 10773H 22K and 10803 H 22K, but get the answer that there are no new channels.

I have also noticed that all English BBC channels are registering "No Signal".

• Advertisement

I have tried to scan in BBC3 and 4 using the values 10773H 22K and 10803 H 22K, but get the answer that there are no new channels.

Note what I wrote:
    Apogee wrote: »
    Have you tried deleting the existing two channel entries and doing a rescan?

Yes, I deleted the channels before I tried to scan in them again.
    Friends with sky say they get the message not in service.

Yes, I deleted the channels before I tried to scan in them again.
    Friends with sky say they get the message not in service.

BBC3 and BBC4 are fine here on those freqs. In order of probability, the likely causes are:

Dish out of alignment > Damaged cable > Damaged LNBF >>> Damaged Receiver.

Strange thing is that all other satellite stations are perfect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭Booms

BBC3 and BBC4 share with CBBC and CBeebies.

You will only see BBC3 & 4 in the list if you do your scan after 19:00 when they start broadcasting.

I tried to scan in BBC 3 & 4 this evening and still no luck.

As I said I phoned around to friend with both sky and fta and none of them had these stations. Movies4Men are also gone. Does any one know what has gone wrong?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭mjsmyth

No problem with any of those channels here....

Mine are all fine.

Advertisement