Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB cold calling

Options
  • 22-03-2011 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Anyone got phone calls from AIB lately telling them about better rates on their deposits. free banking etc just wondering if it was legit or not

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

I got this from Permanent TSB recently. After being messed about by them over mortgage approval I took great delight in telling them where to go.

AFAIK it's against regulations to push credit but nothing is stopping them offering other services.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Power2011

I think its a bit ott to be calling me out of the blue to be honest if i want something like that i will ask, they must be desperate for business

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Power2011 wrote: »
    I think its a bit ott to be calling me out of the blue to be honest if i want something like that i will ask, they must be desperate for business

Its obvious they are desperate for business at the moment. The deposit market is very competitive at the moment.

i would presume they are doing a targetted campaign on accounts with a certain balance or constant stream of cash coming in, usually wages.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Exactly but its also in a customers best interest to make sure their money is working for them this is why these calls are made. The bank will only cold call if a customer has indicated they would like to recieve direct marketing a la offers, promotions etc

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Power2011

dont even know if I asked to be contacted thou

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

greenman09 wrote: »
    Exactly but its also in a customers best interest to make sure their money is working for them this is why these calls are made.

Seriously?

Advertisement