Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which do you think would be better..

• 22-03-2011 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

I'm considering dropping to pass in one of my subjects, yes I know it's my choice but I'm wondering what you all think.

Would it be better to barely scrap a pass in an honours paper, or achieve an A or B at pass level? Not talking about points wise but I mean for putting on C.V's and such.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81 ✭✭luciemc

I'm considering dropping to pass in one of my subjects, yes I know it's my choice but I'm wondering what you all think.

Would it be better to barely scrap a pass in an honours paper, or achieve an A or B at pass level? Not talking about points wise but I mean for putting on C.V's and such.

I have no idea, but I am interested now you mention it! I don't need to worry about points for my course really, so I dropped to pass Irish cause I'd rather an A1 in pass than have to work for max an A2 in honours... but thats just me. I know that the kind of jobs I'll be going for will not involve Irish so I'm hoping I didn't make some huge mistake? Anyone any experience in the matter?

What subject were you thinking of dropping? and what do you want to do after college?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 StarCollision

I'm thinking of dropping to pass accounting. I don't need it for points. I've had a terrible teacher for two years and haven't put that much effort into it, I also have terrible timing issues with the honours paper. I'm going on for law after the leaving certificate, I'll be doing accounting as a few of my modules - my sister's friend is doing this course and she says that they start from the beginning so it shouldn't be a problem. I'm just kinda stuck with the decision atm. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Well you will probably only have your Leaving Cert results on your CV for a short enough time, until you have college exams / work experience to fill it out. Unless you want it for a job right after school I doubt it'd matter very much / at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 StarCollision

Well actually, it was something one of my teacher's said to the class that stuck with me. She said that these would be the only leaving cert results (unless we repeat) we ever get and they'll be with us for life so it was up to us if we wanted to scrape a pass or possibly fail in an honours paper or do well in an pass paper.

Advertisement