Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What local places do you have a soft spot for

• 22-03-2011 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭

I mean this in the sense of it wouldn't be waterford if there was no Greers, god I could go for a vanilla slice right about now....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

The Marian Takeaway, they are so friendly in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I really like the staff in Brunch. Always very friendly. I have since moved onto bb's as I prefer their Coffee but I do still go in there if the mood takes me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 smegg26

Ziedth,I would have to disagree.The coffee in brunch is much better than BB's.I might be a tad biased though ;).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭decies

Tramore car park when it's very dark and quiet .

smegg26 wrote: »
    Ziedth,I would have to disagree.The coffee in brunch is much better than BB's.I might be a tad biased though ;).

Ha ha,

Tell you what, I'll try brunch for my morning Latté tomorrow and if it's better I'll say it here :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭chelloveks

decies wrote: »
    Tramore car park when it's very dark and quiet .

...and what exactly do you do there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

chelloveks wrote: »
    ...and what exactly do you do there?

wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more say no more!! ;):p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

ziedth wrote: »
    Ha ha,

Tell you what, I'll try brunch for my morning Latté tomorrow and if it's better I'll say it here :)
    Someone called me pretentious before. I almost choked on my latte

Or something like that lol

seanybiker wrote: »
    Someone called me pretentious before. I almost choked on my latte

Or something like that lol

Who me? pretentious? I'm about to cry through my lensless glasses :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Joey leBlanc

Don't get the whole latte buzz at all. What's wrong with a plain cup of coffee... or a cup of tea at that. I wont even begin to question the cost of what for me is just a coffee milkshake!

• Advertisement

Don't get the whole latte buzz at all. What's wrong with a plain cup of coffee... or a cup of tea at that. I wont even begin to question the cost of what for me is just a coffee milkshake!

Funnily enough I used to only ever drink black coffee with no sugar. My Latte buzz is a relitively new thing. Can't really say much more I just prefer them to a black coffee now, the trick is to order them in as manly a way as you can.

To touch on what I posted yesterday the coffee in Brunch to be fair is easily as nice if not a little better then bb's.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 157 ✭✭pmccormack

What makes Waterford for me is the amazing coastline especially on days like today. A short vid I made last week. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVm4JF96zic

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Aarnikotka

pmccormack wrote: »
    What makes Waterford for me is the amazing coastline especially on days like today. A short vid I made last week. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVm4JF96zic

That's really beautiful - thanks for uploading it! Shame about the drop of water on the lens; hazards of the environment I suppose ;)

These days when I'm in Waterford I have a soft spot for La Taverna on High Street. Their food is transcendent!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭Junior

I used to love Egans, there's no where I'd sly off to in town for a nice pint, I kinda like the Gingerman for that. I do love the beaches of the counties... they are relatively unspoilt and you can manage to get shots like this with a bit of effort

http://www.flickr.com/photos/deiseboy/5181952885/sizes/l/in/photostream/

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭deiselack

Woodstown beach. Waaay better than Tramore. A real beach. Lovely on an early Sunday morning for peace and quiet :). I do agree with Junior about Egans. Sadly sadly missed in my book. Thought there would've been a preservation order or something on it :(

Advertisement