Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC Fight Night 24

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

SDTimeout wrote: »
    noticed the tap too Scud.

People are questioning how Dan Hardy got a title shot... after his weakness was exposed in a fight.. 12 months AFTER he got his title shot. This same weakness which had NOT been exposed en route to his title shot.

Some people on this board need to get a grip sometimes.

Lets not forget he went 5 rounds with GSP aswell and had some amazing submission defence during the fight, I dont know how he didnt dislocate his shoulder at one stage. Not a huge fan of his but hes got ability.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Axwell wrote: »
    Lets not forget he went 3 rounds with GSP aswell and had some amazing submission defence during the fight, I dont know how he didnt dislocate his shoulder at one stage. Not a huge fan of his but hes got ability.
    Are title fights not 5 rounders anymore?? :P

Nog with some good take down defense so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

He didnt really fight any decent wrestlers on the way to the title shot though.His toughest opponents were Swick & Davis.

exactly! So what if he didn't fight any decent wrestlers, he can only fight who is put in front of him and how they choose to fight. He deserved his title shot at GSP irrespective of wrestling ability.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

Oh_Noes wrote: »
    No, you confused "Dan didn't attempt to be offensive" with "Dan hasn't got the technique to be offensive". The latter being the point I was making.

Ah I see. Maybe you should've put that in your original post to avoid confusion ;). I agree, his technique was half assed but he was offensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Davis has to get KO'd soon throwing them kicks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Thing is Hardy will be kept on cos he's a possible huge draw commercially. The Brits love him, he's different wit his MoHawk.

I think he'll fight next in the UK and the other possible Dublin card, and each time he'll be fed cans, then he'll fight a contendor and get his arse handed to him, then back to the cans.

Sound like anyone elses career? Bisping maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

SDTimeout wrote: »
    exactly! So what if he didn't fight any decent wrestlers, he can only fight who is put in front of him and how they choose to fight. He deserved his title shot at GSP irrespective of wrestling ability.
    I wouldnt say that. Theres plenty of better welterweights and there were plenty better at that time too. His mouth got him that title shot more then his ability

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Great job form Nog on the takedowns. I want to see the judges give some credit to takedown defence, its total bs the way it is at the moment

Lets not forget he went 3 rounds with GSP aswell and had some amazing submission defence during the fight, I dont know how he didnt dislocate his shoulder at one stage. Not a huge fan of his but hes got ability.

Exactly, my point is that Dan Hardy was never challenged by a good wrestler en route to his title shot. Why should that count against him that none of them saw the weakness and built a solid game plan around it. A fighter must not have spent X time in this position and suffered Y amount of damage in that position.

Bones was never on his back with a good wrestler either, can't believe he got a title shot :rolleyes:

how you been Ax :D ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Shazbot wrote: »
    Ah I see. Maybe you should've put that in your original post to avoid confusion ;). I agree, his technique was half assed but he was offensive.

I did. I said he can do nothing on the ground. I didn't say he isn't trying to do something on the ground. Read posts you're responding to if you want to avoid confusion.

• Advertisement

Great job form Nog on the takedowns. I want to see the judges give some credit to takedown defence, its total bs the way it is at the moment

Ya Nog is looking very solid, only a matter of time...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 551 ✭✭✭bellybuster12

Sure whats the favour, explain MMA to you? :rolleyes:

ps dont call me love..

dont just comment on my post cos you think you were been cool,

i said it was a terrible rd with no action or much effort in it,

if that doesnt suit ya, im very sorry, ty dear, carry on.

Little Nog is gonna catch one of these kicks with his hand and knock the head off Davis if he isnt careful..Davis looks tired already aswell Nog is just pushing him off

dont just comment on my post cos you think you were been cool,

i said it was a terrible rd with no action or much effort in it,

if that doesnt suit ya, im very sorry, ty dear, carry on.

Learn to spell and dont use txt speak on boards please..

I wouldnt say that. Theres plenty of better welterweights and there were plenty better at that time too. His mouth got him that title shot more then his ability

four straight wins in the UFC against decent opposition AND Koscheck / Daly still had to fight for TUF coach places..Hardy was next in line dude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 551 ✭✭✭bellybuster12

Learn to spell and dont use txt speak on boards please..

you are a sad little boy, move along now.

Bad end of the round for nog, 1 apiece?

axwell and bellybuster should get in the cage :P

back on topic, I can't believe Nog couldn't finish Davis. Davis really turned it around when he got Nog on the ground!

Bad end of the round for nog, 1 apiece?

Wont matter when he drops Davis in this one :D (hopefully)

• Advertisement

nog needs to push it here after that take down

Looking very bad for Nog

nog needs to push it here after that take down

Yeah or else its gonna turn into a whole rd of love making, bull**** :D

you see nog catching the kick and the feeble punch attempt? nog is gassed, davis deserves to win this.

Yup Davis deseved it, as the commentators said , switching to the single won it for him.

2 rounds to one in my books

Disappointed with Davis in this really, I can't see him standing out much from the crowd at the upper level of the LHW division.

• Advertisement

Deserved win by Davis, once he got Nog to the ground he controlled it the way he wanted it to go and wore Nog out, he had nothing in the tank for the 3rd round.

Draw i think, if not Davis edging by decision.

didn't think it was all 3 in fairness!

I don't think Davis can stand with the big boys at all, goes to proove Nog is over rated. Really bad loss for him! Davis was handing him a KO with those kicks and Nog couldn't finish it.

Disappointed with Davis in this really, I can't see him standing out much from the crowd at the upper level of the LHW division.
    Apart from when he had the back in the second he really didn't do much from top

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Pretty Dull main event if i'm honest.Davis is a good wrestler but looks very shaky on his feet.

• Advertisement

Disappointing fight I thought, neither guy really offered much. 30-27 is a bit crap, 29-28 I thought

On the upside pretty obvious who submission of the night is going to

Decent event overall thought, especially for a fight night event. Plus obviously the savage twister earlier on. Looking forward to seeing the new contenders on Wed night in TUF although think Lesnar and Junior will be boring enough as coaches and there wont be much banter.

Decent event overall thought, especially for a fight night event. Plus obviously the savage twister earlier on. Looking forward to seeing the new contenders on Wed night in TUF although think Lesnar and Junior will be boring enough as coaches and there wont be much banter.

I thought there was more action going on here in this thread than in some of those fights tonight :D

shocked all 3 judges gave 30-27, Like Riff said, I had 29-28 easy.

whats next for Lil Nog!

Oh, and can someone post a vid or gif of that twister if they find it? I missed it by 10 seconds!

Can't see a vid or gif on that link, is it in the comments somewhere?

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Can't see a vid or gif on that link, is it in the comments somewhere?

In the comments

In the comments

ah must be my work computer is missing flash or something. It's not showing up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Don't like seeing this awful run Hardy's going through, but it was coming. He's too one dimensional. Given his small physical stature he really should be working on his ground game. He's not as strong as the majority of fighters out there so he needs to be quicker on the ground. At the minute he's just embarrassing when he goes to the ground.

It'll be interesting to see what happens him next. As someone already said, his a big fighter commercially for UFC, but he can't survive on that forever.

Oh and that twister submission? Epic!

• Advertisement

Man that looked...uncomfortable to say the least!

twister.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

twister.gif

It's a frightening submission :pac:

When someone has an armbar or a leglock or a choke you know that if someone doesn't tap or if the ref doesn't stop it then you're going to have broken limbs or be put to sleep.

What happens when you're in a twister and there's no ref stoppage or tapout? Your spine twists and breaks? Aaaaaaaaargh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭bjj-fighter

I cant believe DeMarques Johnson tapped to strikes! So many people would kill to fight in the UFC and he taps to strikes!
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

I cant believe DeMarques Johnson tapped to strikes! So many people would kill to fight in the UFC and he taps to strikes!
    :rolleyes:

considering the onslaught lasted for 3 minutes before he tapped and he had taken the fight at short notice(*) i think thats an unfair comment to be honest!!
    (*He looked wrecked even coming out for the second round)

considering the onslaught lasted for 3 minutes before he tapped and he had taken the fight at short notice(*) i think thats an unfair comment to be honest!!
    (*He looked wrecked even coming out for the second round)
    I think it was a bit of sarcasm after the 128 thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

gotcha now!! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

It's a frightening submission :pac:

When someone has an armbar or a leglock or a choke you know that if someone doesn't tap or if the ref doesn't stop it then you're going to have broken limbs or be put to sleep.

What happens when you're in a twister and there's no ref stoppage or tapout? Your spine twists and breaks? Aaaaaaaaargh

It puts pressure on the neck, so that's were the damage would be done I'd say

Mellor wrote: »
    It puts pressure on the neck, so that's were the damage would be done I'd say
    Puts a lot of pressure on the spine too. The hips push the spine in the opposite direction and it doesnt feel nice

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

That twister was the second coolest thing I've seen in MMA lately after Pettis' kick off the cage.

Advertisement