Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you could give one piece of advice to a youngwan or a youngfella...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

Don't listen to The Vincent Browne Late TV Show

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Take some photo's as one day you will be just like your parents. You will want to look through occassionally and remember the good times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭vampire of kilmainham

belive only your own eyes and not the voices of others

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Whynotme wrote: »
    Follow your head not your heart!
    Disagree, my head has got me into some serious **** over the years, it's a bit like being offered serious drugs for the first time, your head says yea,but something inside says,don't do that crap. Listen to that, it's never wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Have more sex!
    Travel around ireland and for the love of god outside it.
    Hold on to good friends the rarely come along.
    Never ever let a relationship develop cause of looks.
    Have kids kids and more kids
    and lastly put down that smoke you fcukin idiot

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

racso1975 wrote: »
    Have kids kids and more kids

In fairness now, that's not for everybody. Kids aren't the end all and be all of life. Sure, if you are hugely maternal, they are great if you have them.
    But If you'd rather not, no big deal, you will still have a fantastic life.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Beruthiel wrote: »
    In fairness now, that's not for everybody. Kids aren't the end all and be all of life. Sure, if you are hugely maternal, they are great if you have them.
    But If you'd rather not, no big deal, you will still have a fantastic life.

Trust having the day from hell with them at the moment so i retract that comment

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Do what you want to do, and dont put it off.
    Time is short.

The world is full of fantastic beers and wines, try lots of them. Even the Blue Nun!

Dont eat anything that has less than 2 feet or more than 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 martin451

stay single

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I may not be as old as the OP was hoping but I do have one bit of advice I could've done with 10 years ago: Chill the fcuk out. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

Gaspode wrote: »
    Do what you want to do, and dont put it off.
    Time is short.

The world is full of fantastic beers and wines, try lots of them. Even the Blue Nun!

Dont eat anything that has less than 2 feet or more than 4.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ-UXjfI1ZQxY3L09tlC-Q2FyS6BZ_rZq1iepO6j44j4bw1ySZNEw&t=1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭eco2live

martin451 wrote: »
    stay single

+10

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Don't get that tattoo on your neck - if you must get one - get in on your arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Emme

Be nice to the people you meet on your way up because you might meet them again on your way down.

Start saving as soon as you can with the aim of buying your own place as young as you can

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

chucken1 wrote: »

I dunno I read this whole thread whilst listening this song, I'm 19 like...The song makes me reflect and stuff, was strange reading all the advice was good tho

• Registered Users Posts: 24,253 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Don't get into debt.

Save at least 10% of any money you make and keep it in your "escape fund" - a stash that gives you the freedom to decide to go travel, go back to education or just take a damn month off between jobs should you choose.

Money isn't everything, it can't buy happiness but being careful with it definitely gives you more room to breathe and enjoy life.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭force majeure

Dont get lippy when some one bemoans about the blues as some day you well bemoan them too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Being an old fogey this is the only advice id give. ;)
    "Life is short, so live it up, drink it down, laugh it off, avoid the drama, take chances, and never have regrets, because at one point everything you did was exactly what you wanted"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭FoxT

Never purchase anything that flies, floats, or fornicates - rent it instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Paddysnapper

Get to bed early!

And if you don't, come home!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 Mysticvean

This is a heartwarming thread!

Here's a few tips ...

Always be diplomatic when speaking your mind.

Be yourself, no one else really cares.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,162 ✭✭✭Kiva.D

This week a forum friend mentioned being envious of a twenty-somethings youthfulness. Tell you what, I'm envious of thirty-somethings (and beyond) for their stability and strength and for knowing who they are...

Thanks OP for this thread! I needed a bit of wise advice this week too.
    It's been good to see everyones replies and insights. I appreciate it all...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Electric Sheep

Leave Ireland. The only regret you will ever have is that you didn't do it earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭LoanShark

1 Travel
    2 Show respect to everyone
    3 Have a wee bit of money in reserve, you never know where you may need it
    4 Don't make things complicated
    5 Watch 'The Goonie's '
    6 Getting on the property ladder so young is not as important as people think.
    7 Listen to old people, they are wise and experienced.
    8 Never doubt that there may possibly be a man 'up above'
    9 Live Life Now!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Life is an interview for a job you didnt know you'd applied for

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Feeona

If a woman going by the name of Mary Harney tells you to buy shares, don't!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 busbrokers

drink all the drink..eat all the food and love all the women/men or whatever you are having yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

take up an instrument, practice join a band!

when you meet a person you find really attractive talk to them and ask them out, you will get an answer and in doing so have no regrets.

read a lot.

never despair, talk out any problem and feel the load fall off

you are a much better person than you think you are and capable of more than you realise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

If you can't decide what to do, imagine yourself as an oulwan or oulfella looking back on your life and try to imagine if you would regret deciding not doing it...

Makes decision making very easy. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,997 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

You will get further in life by having good manners and a good personality than you will by having a good education. People remember kindness and those who care.

Advertisement