Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eddie Rockets/TGIs chicken wings

Options
  • 22-03-2011 8:25pm
    Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,517 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Quick question. There is a very hot sauce that is on the chicken wings in Eddie rockets and TGIs chicken bites. I've had wings in other countries with the same sauce. Anyone any idea what the sauce is?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

Franks Hot Sauce perhaps?

search for the elephant and castle wings thread.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,517 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Yeah was looking through that. Might pick up the sauce and try. Tried loads so far, but can't find it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

If you are getting Franks hot Sauce, make sure its the hot sauce and not the buffalo sauce.

Get Butter Ghee in the Indian/Asian shop as it is clarified butter that you will need to mix with the hot sauce.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Hi there

Never heard of Franks Hot Sauce. is it in the supermarkets?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

you'll find franks hot sauce in most supermarkets these days, my local supervalu has it and i've seen it in dunnes & tescos too. check out the E&C Buffalo wings thread (it's all guesswork till page 5 of the thread if you want to skip) and also the franks hot sauce bargain alerts thread for more info on where to get the secret ingredient. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

I had some buffalo wings in Eddie Rockets about 3 months ago and I noticed that they're not the same as they used to be.

I remember them being purply/red, sticky and somewhat hot. The ones I had just seemed to have had a bit of tobasco sauce poured on them. Was disappointed.

Did I order the wrong ones? lol

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

i seem to remember that the wings in eddie rockets were some sort of sweet sticky nonsense with some kind of herbs in, nothing like buffalo wings at all, but it's been a good few years since i've had them, so maybe they changed the recipe?

Advertisement