Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Laptop to buy?

• 22-03-2011 8:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

Hi Folks,

I need some recommendations on buying a new laptop. Budget Circa €400 (€500 Max). Its for personal use. Really just require it to be quick; have wifi, reasonable storage and screen.

Please help? Thanks in advance
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭MASTER...of the bra

online or bricks and mortar?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 nerissa

online or bricks and mortar?

Either. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭MASTER...of the bra

B&M

Acer in Argos i3 350, 320GB Harddrive, 3GB RAM, 3 USB, 1 HDMI, decent webcam €480 and in stock. Good reviews. Same one in Amazon is €563.

Will you need the HDMI, it's for connecting up to TVs? If not then this Toshiba is €30 cheaper with i3 350, 320GB Harddrive, 4GB RAM, 2 USB, webcam not as good.

Samsung i3 370, 320 Harddrive,3GB RAM, 3 USB, 1 HDMI, €460ish delivered.

Toshiba i3 350, 320 Harddrive, 4GB RAM, 2 USB, No HDMI, good battery. €450 delivered.

Check reviews if buying an online one. It'll be a pain if you don't like it when it comes.

Something like the above will do you years. i3, 3 or 4GB RAM and windows 7 64 BIT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 nerissa

B&M

Acer in Argos i3 350, 320GB Harddrive, 3GB RAM, 3 USB, 1 HDMI, decent webcam €480 and in stock. Good reviews. Same one in Amazon is €563.

Will you need the HDMI, it's for connecting up to TVs? If not then this Toshiba is €30 cheaper with i3 350, 320GB Harddrive, 4GB RAM, 2 USB, webcam not as good.

Samsung i3 370, 320 Harddrive,3GB RAM, 3 USB, 1 HDMI, €460ish delivered.

Toshiba i3 350, 320 Harddrive, 4GB RAM, 2 USB, No HDMI, good battery. €450 delivered.

Check reviews if buying an online one. It'll be a pain if you don't like it when it comes.

Something like the above will do you years. i3, 3 or 4GB RAM and windows 7 64 BIT.

Thanks a mill, would need the HDMI. Not a big fan of Samsung?

Advertisement