Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackberry E-mail Reconciliation Help

Options
  • 22-03-2011 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,151 ✭✭✭✭

Hello All,

I have a Blackberry 8110 and 8520(on way, wrecked other one last night by accident)

This has always bugged me.

I have HP iPaq, Blackberry and Outlook 2007. E-mails arrive onto the work server and get displayed on the laptop and two handhelds.

To delete the emails I MUST delete them from all 3 units.

I have since stopped emails going to the HP.(for my sanity)

I would like e-mail reconciliation to work on my Blackberry in relation to my work e-mail address but have no idea where to start.

Any help?

Great appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

There's an option about which is primary as far as I know, ie if you delete from the blackberry they get deleted from your inbox

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Berty wrote: »
    Hello All,

I have a Blackberry 8110 and 8520(on way, wrecked other one last night by accident)

This has always bugged me.

I have HP iPaq, Blackberry and Outlook 2007. E-mails arrive onto the work server and get displayed on the laptop and two handhelds.

To delete the emails I MUST delete them from all 3 units.

I have since stopped emails going to the HP.(for my sanity)

I would like e-mail reconciliation to work on my Blackberry in relation to my work e-mail address but have no idea where to start.

Any help?

Great appreciated.

Is it that you want email deleted on your blackberry to be deleted off the email server? Is your work email imap or pop?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,151 ✭✭✭✭Berty

cookie1977 wrote: »
    Is it that you want email deleted on your blackberry to be deleted off the email server? Is your work email imap or pop?

Not to mind deleted. I would like it to at least show as "READ" on Outlook if I read it on the Blackberry.

The issue is I read and reply to nearly all my e-mails on the phone(save for Excel files) and when I open the laptop at 6pm all the emails are still showing as unread.

My e-mail address is POP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Captain Commie

Berty wrote: »
    My e-mail address is POP.

theres ur problem, if ur using pop on the computer, POP doesnt sync read / delete status. For that you need to use IMAP

exactly^^^
    Pop doesnt support being marked as read. find out if the company supports imap also. they might, but even if they do BIS wont dupport 2 way sync as in: read on Blackberry = marked as read on system and read on system = marked as read on Blackberry. Only Gmail supports this option on BIS. Now BES is a different story

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,151 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Ah well thats the end of that really.

It's a small company and one girl looks after all of the server issues and she herself hadn't a clue this morning. I had to get data support(02) to solve the issue.

Chances of asking her about a move from POP to IMAP after wrecking a blackberry ain't going to happen. :o

There is this:
    http://www.astrasync.com/
    which does support the syncing you're talking about. I got a friend to use it with her work email and she liked it. There's a free trial to test it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Captain Commie

cookie1977 wrote: »
    exactly^^^
    Pop doesnt support being marked as read. find out if the company supports imap also. they might, but even if they do BIS wont dupport 2 way sync as in: read on Blackberry = marked as read on system and read on system = marked as read on Blackberry. Only Gmail supports this option on BIS. Now BES is a different story

BIS does support 1 way read sync, ie if u mark read on device it will show up as read on the mailbox (if using IMAP on mailbox) just not the other way round

Advertisement