Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Countryside Alliance Car Window Sticker

Options
  • 22-03-2011 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭

I got my annual membership pack from the Countryside Alliance today and along with a pin for my jacket I received a sticker for the back window of my car with Countryside Alliance written on it in big letters.
    This may be a stupid question but do any of you think it may be unwise to stick this on the car incase it attracts the attention of any antis that may pass my car in a car park etc and leave a nice big scratch, flat tyre etc. because we all know theres a large "Idiot" element in such groups ?

Would like to know what you guys think ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭gunhappy_ie

vixdname wrote: »
    I got my annual membership pack from the Countryside Alliance today and along with a pin for my jacket I received a sticker for the back window of my car with Countryside Alliance written on it in big letters.
    This may be a stupid question but do any of you think it may be unwise to stick this on the car incase it attracts the attention of any antis that may pass my car in a car park etc and leave a nice big scratch, flat tyre etc. because we all know theres a large "Idiot" element in such groups ?

Scratches add charactor, nothing like a good keying to get your sensative teeth to hurt at the thought.... :P joking....

Seriously though, I drive a POS so if anything happens it as long as it drives generally dont care. Having said that, I wouldnt leave anything stuck on it bar tax/insurance..... and the dirt from the last year of driving !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

I have a CAI , NARGC and a RISE sticker on my pick up. When the uneducated see the rise sticker they think it's something to do with evangelisim:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭gunhappy_ie

I have a CAI , NARGC and a RISE sticker on my pick up. When the uneducated see the rise sticker they think it's something to do with evangelisim:D

Suprised.... seems like your missing an NRA sticker too :P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Tackleberry.

Well we had gun club stickers, i stuck it on the dog box, don't think i'd like to advertise that i owned a gun. Some might see it as a invite to break into your house or car...Always hide the gun slip as best i can also or bend it in two just to make a point its empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

No worries! ICABS has a nice sticker too for their members/supporters cars too!!!;)

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

I think it does advertise you to anyone who see's it. Whether that's a good thing or a bad thing would somewhat depend on where you'll be leaving that car unattended. Leave it parked outside a University I'd say you're mad, leave it parked outside a rural home or occasionally in a small village, not much of a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭vixdname

I think I'll just leave off the sticker, may not be worth the hassle having to think where may be a dodgey place to park her up.
    Isnt it crazy that you actually have to think about whether its advisable to put a car window sticker on your car in case some uneducated tree hugger takes offence to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭kenneths

i have 2 nargc stickers on my both my jeeps, and my hunting jeep also has a silhouette of ducks in flight with "if it flys it dies" (girlfriend got it for me) and one that says " i love cats...... there delicious" :D

never a bother about it, sure why wouldn't you promote the sport your enjoyment comes from, anti's have stickers and big banners :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 36 johnwayne2

Stick it on John "green" Gormallys head lol.

Dont think you will have much trouble..After all it would be simply a great punch in the antis arguement that they are "non violent" if somones car was damaged because of a CAI sticker..
    Be handing us a media coup.As we would be to them if say somones Prius or old CV4 was paint strippered because they had a AHSI or ICABS sticker.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Be handing us a media coup.

Hardly, takes seconds for someone to key a car, knock off a mirror, or kick in a panel. Doubt they're going to leave a note under the wiper.

I'm sure maybe if it was coverd in paint with HUNT SCUM written on it ,would you say it was a coincidence then???:rolleyes:

Could be sure they would be pissing and bawling to the Gardai and media about "hunter intimidation" if so much as a scratch was on their cars while they were away placard waving for the day..
    BTW YES they HAVE left "notes under the windscreen " too.If you have a look at their website "biteback" there is a whole list of Direct actions under taken in Ireland with revelant warnings posted by ALF.

I'm not going to risk the integrity of my banger on the off chance someone might be thick enough to leave a note :) Without going into specifics, it takes seconds to do hundreds of euros worth of damage - who needs the hassle :confused:

Advertisement