Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

spot drama!!

• 22-03-2011 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38 The Lizard

hi guys
    i had a spot coming up on my chin and my nose so i decided to squeeze them to avoid them coming up for the weekend!!big mistake!!they are now really red and angry looking!anyone have any tips or remedies to make them go down in time for the weekend?? :confused:
    cheers
    x

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

I've used this...
    http://www.boots.com/en/Clean-Clear-Advantage-Quick-Clear-Spot-Treatment-Gel-100ml_11634/
    It's great for clearing them up quickly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I use this for spots and find it great.

http://www.boots.com/en/Clinique-Anti-Blemish-Solutions-Clear-Blemish-Gel-15ml_41529/

I've also used this and found it good, but the Clinique is better.

http://www.expresschemist.co.uk/pics/products/7681/0/witch-blemish-gel.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Urgh, I hate when this happens. I know I should leave mine well alone, but I am always tempted to squeeze!

What I do is make up some dettol liquid with fairly hot water and use a compress on the spot. I find this brings down the swelling and brings all the bad stuff to the surface.

I then dab some of the Clinique anti blemish solution on them. A couple of days of this and the swelling should be well down and they should be dried out.

If you can't get your hands on Clinique, Witch Hazel or even bog standard Tea Tree oil will also help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 86 ✭✭jenzersboi

Also try taking Arnica... but the Clinique anti blemish solutions is the only job:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

:eek: You should never squeeze/pop/scratch you spots no matter how bad the are! Make sure you exfoliate the area well.

As the other posters have stated Clinique has several products that would help :)

• Advertisement

sudocrem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Also, I read somewhere recently that Germolene is meant to be good for spots.

I've never used it on spots though, so don't know how true it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

If they still haven't gone down by the weekend, wrap an ice cube in a towel or something, and hold it against each spot for a while to bring down the swelling - a last minute fix :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 86 ✭✭jenzersboi

Germolene will only keep it clean, I've used it before, no harm done, I tend to stick a little oleaster over it and it'll be gone on the morning!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

I find contact lense solution good for bringing the red down on spots, or hot salty water. If all else fails a little bit of sudo! (cheaper than clinique ;) )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 The Lizard

thanks guys i have a list of things to try now!will let ye know how it goes!!:p im a disaster!know i should have let them alone!!:rolleyes:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

+1 on the Sudocreme, or you could try any astringent gel containing witch hazel.

Another tip I've heard is to crush an aspirin, add just a drop of water to make a paste and apply it to the spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭uli84

hi there

anyone knows where i can get a small tube of sudocrem (30g) in Dublin? the containers they sell it in everywhere ... well, id have enough sudocrem for next 20 years buyin it ;) thx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Dr Spot by Soap & Glory is great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

Tea Tree oil is the best I think...it makes the spot shrink very quickly and takes down redness.

Advertisement